Close but not as comfortable

hunnymonster said:
I wonder why every Rammstein fan/listener I seem to know is over 50... they lyrics & song titles wouldn't lead you to expect that at all :lol:

Me - I shaved to Édith Piaf this morning.

I’m fairly broad minded when it comes to music, will happily listen to some classical in the morning and by the afternoon be listening to Slayer.

Took a couple of my younger cousins, who solely listened to computer generated beats and bleeps to a Slipknot concert back in 2008 and they were probably envisioning something along these lines.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0dCrHsR0kY[/youtube]

They were completely blown away by the whole concert experience. Mind it was probably the craziest concert id been to as well.

But being an evening shaver, i enjoy the peaceful silence at the end of a long day. Must be getting bloody old...

You misunderstand me gentlemen. German 'Industrial' rock is fine live occassionally but in the comfort of ones own home, I think not. I do not listen to Rammstein and shave - I haven't listened to them for some years actually. I saw them both times as part of my fatherly/taxi duties (ahem, splutter).

I'm more into West Coast and Americana given a free choice...man. I'm still buying CD stuff originally released and owned on vinyl from the late sixties early seventies.

:)

Hero,

I'm not familiar with that razor or the TOB soap-I used one of the creams but don't have enough to go on. So I'll speak from general experience. No matter what brush I use, I find myself having to rework the lather with C.O.Bigelow. Having used New Forest Superior 2201 for 30 straight shaves it's very good brush for all soap/cream in my rotation. Despite this, it too dries with C.O.Bigelow but perfectly fine with everything else. Perhaps it's the humidity as I find that happen with other cream like OLD Progress Vulfix Sandalwood. But it's more evident with C.O.Bigelow. I'm down to my Vie-Long Barber brushes and even 04101 was dry. It's not entirely cream's fault. The loft is long and is more effective for bowl lathering. I reckon for kicks I'd give it a try face lathering to see how it fairs.

Not to insult you but do you allow TOBS to be fully absorbed? There's no question bout everything else in your prep. I find that when I allow my face to be saturated with C.O.Bigelow within minute or two it's already dried up and I have to rework the lather. Depending on cream initially used the lather can be thin as you stated but there's a trick to it. Brush type, water-to-cream ratio, hard/soft water, humidity all play role oh and also lathering technique as well. This is why sometimes I use creams 3-4x to get a good idea of how each performs its hotspot or sweetspot sort of speak.

Big.Dave said:
One thing I noticed is that you have gone from a mild to an aggessive blade plus 2 days on the trot when you may not be ready yet. (Archery term "too much poundage too soon") also the merkur 38 what made you go for that model.

Yes think you might be right. Haven't written them off yet, just need some more practice. Reason for the 38 was quite simple, the 34c was highly recommended but unavailable. so the next best thing was a long handled 34c, so the 38R it was. Although i haven't had anything to compare it with, i seem to be getting on really well with it and the results are great.

heroblob said:
Big.Dave said:
One thing I noticed is that you have gone from a mild to an aggessive blade plus 2 days on the trot when you may not be ready yet. (Archery term "too much poundage too soon") also the merkur 38 what made you go for that model.

Yes think you might be right. Haven't written them off yet, just need some more practice. Reason for the 38 was quite simple, the 34c was highly recommended but unavailable. so the next best thing was a long handled 34c, so the 38R it was. Although i haven't had anything to compare it with, i seem to be getting on really well with it and the results are great.

I understand about not getting the 34c it is popular and one of the reasons I have not had a chance to try one. But I do know is that a shorter handle does make a differance to the shave I started out with the 23c which is long handle and I did not get on with it as soon as I changed to a shorter handel razor my shaves improved alot but some people do like a long handle.

Big.Dave said:
heroblob said:
Big.Dave said:

I understand about not getting the 34c it is popular and one of the reasons I have not had a chance to try one. But I do know is that a shorter handle does make a differance to the shave I started out with the 23c which is long handle and I did not get on with it as soon as I changed to a shorter handel razor my shaves improved alot but some people do like a long handle.

In order to try something completely different i have today purchased a mint 1956 super speed. looking forward to trying it out.

Back
Top Bottom