Clogged blades - is it me?

Canuck said:
I can't see that unscrewing heads half way through a shave is any good thing, I'm not sure I'd do that. I think that's a potentially risky answer to an almost trivial problem.

Me too. Your lather will get there eventually. In the meantime rinse more often, personally I think it's good practice to keep the razor-head wet.

I find that tallow-based soaps can clog the blade, even if there is enough water.

I put a towel over the razor head (to protect my hands), loosen it a few turns and rinse under hot water.

Drroly said:
I find that tallow-based soaps can clog the blade, even if there is enough water.

I put a towel over the razor head (to protect my hands), loosen it a few turns and rinse under hot water.

are you using a soft soap?

sounds like you are having lumps get stuck in razor.

ive never had any problems with my de cloggjng

i just keep dunking head in the sink or under tap.

my straight doesnt even need that as i usually oil them and dont remove before shaving

I find the worst thing for clogging my razor is the Palmolive soap stick. It's a great latherer but always forms lumps of soap and stubble that get stuck to the razor blade. It doesn't affect shaving, just takes a bit longer to clean out. It happens whether I make a relatively dry or watery lather.

Not a big problem, but I do get a little bit of clogging sometimes. I use cream lathered in a bowl. I think it can dry out a touch between passes... so now I just sprinkle a little bit of extra water into the bowl... a bit like the Pope sprinkling holy water. Does the trick...

Back
Top Bottom