Clean razor and blade after each shave.

After every shave, I take the razor apart and give it a thorough clean with hot water and some antibacterial soap.
For the razor blade, I rinse and then give it a wipe with Isopropanol and store in a blade dryer.
View attachment 118604
Hope you don't mind me asking but where did you get those DE blade dryers? I was after one for ages for travel purposes but haven't been able to find them. I did try to get one printed at a company but it went completely wrong.

Hope you don't mind me asking but where did you get those DE blade dryers? I was after one for ages for travel purposes but haven't been able to find them. I did try to get one printed at a company but it went completely wrong.
Not at all, I purchased these from Etsy, a shop called Frugal Shave a while back. They also do blade dryers for other blade formats like Gem and Artist Club.

Not at all, I purchased these from Etsy, a shop called Frugal Shave a while back. They also do blade dryers for other blade formats like Gem and Artist Club.
Excellent, cheers much appreciated. I managed to get AC and GEM ones printed with no issue but the DE ones just did not want to work so I gave up. I'll definitely go and take a look!

I don't do anything to my razors. However, I do not store them in the bathroom. I keep them in the den instead.

That has naff all to do with a cleaning (or not cleaning) exercise, but everything as 'Can't let my wife know how much shaving crap I've accumulated' thing

Strip, clean and put everything away. After I've done that to myself I do the same with my razor.

My view is would you be happy if a surgeon turned around and said 'Don't worry mate but we're just going to use yesterday's scalpel. We haven't cleaned it or anything, but it'll be fine'

If I am going to cut myself in any way I'd like to think my face isn't going to fall apart. Which would probably be an improvement.

Last edited:
You can make such a thing from an old plastic blade box, if you have one.

Feather blade box's have a slide out tray held by a clip. Its what gives the space in the bottom for old blades to be stored after use.

You can carefully unclick it, slide out the tray, then turn it over and drill holes in it. Put it back in upside down and glue it and you have a blade drying box that you can slide a blade into and out of (if you want)

Rinse well under the tap, take the blade out and pat dry. Then dis-assemble the razor, towel dry and finish the job using a cotton bud before re-assembling (with the blade in - two uses only). Then leave in a well ventilated area before putting away until the next day.

Back
Top Bottom