Clean razor and blade after each shave.

Roy

I was reading an article about how soap scum, skin and hair would be lurking on your razor even after rinsing under the tap.
I decided to have a look and was surprised at how grubby the blade was after the shaves.
Now I remove the blade after each shave and rinse again under running water and pat gently with a tissue.
Maybe I'm imagining it, but my shaves have been closer and more comfortable and no sign of being less sharp..

I don't bother, I just loosen the head, rinse and just leave it.
Every now and then they all go into my sonic bath.
I have tried taking it out each time but for me personally I didn't notice any difference.

Last edited:
Take apart and rinse blade and razor under hot water until it looks roughly clean, then leave out to air dry. That's just habit though rather than a specific aim. Then a thorough clean every few months (the rotation limits use).

The only 'special' steps I take is to towel dry brass razors after the hot water rinse. I tell myself it's to reduce uneven patina but I'm probably talking shite. So really my reasoning has bugger all to do with cleanliness and is all about looks.

Loosen the head, rinse under properly hot water, put my thumb on top plate and give it a proper shake to get water out.

Then give it a good blow through holding it close to my lips.

Hang it in rack still loose.

With the DE, I loosen head, rinse through with cold water, shake excess water off and place on shelf (still with loose head). Clean with an old toothbrush once a week (maybe). Straights, after rinsing with very hot water, are very carefully dried with tissue and left open in another room to dry out completely.

nope, new blade goes in on a sunday after cleaning razor. shave for a week then repeat.(y)

Same process here.

Perhaps some soaps are worse than others, especially in a hard water area. I have used KOS shave gel and KOS shaving oil in the distant past, that stuff blocked a cartridge razor even after rinsing, understandably.

I have opened my razor after a shave and found it to be clean.

I would be more concerned about a blade that rusted such as Treet Carbon.

Quick rinse and dry after each shave. When the week is done and its time fie a new razor and blade they get a good clean in soapy water with a soft toothbrush.

There's never any hair stuck in there' just a few soap marks to clean off.

Nope. Leave razor assembled. Rinse well under hot tap and air dry in a warm place. However, I do flip the blade every 3 shaves or so, at which point I will clean everything with an alcohol-soaked rag.

Back
Top Bottom