Changing bed linen

It will probably be included in my last few words, And I shall insist on a mention at my funeral. I might include Jony's rugby world cup last minute winner.

You should hear my sister. She's a real sports fanatic.

Fido said:
It will probably be included in my last few words, And I shall insist on a mention at my funeral. I might include Jony's rugby world cup last minute winner.

You should hear my sister. She's a real sports fanatic.

I have the "Channel 9 Wide World of Sports" DVD of it - with Australian commentators - nearly committing suicide when he slotted it over :lol:

hando said:
ah the humilation of the then World Champions :lol:

ancient history, we're still shite :roll:

Things are looking slightly up now that Leveiney/Leveino (I can't recall ever hearing a tag being applied to him, so I'll apply the standard football rules to generate one) is at the helm and the players will actually turn out. Burley was a bumbling idiot - even my late Grandmother had more tactical awareness & her even later cat (d. 1978) had better current man-management skills.

From what I see though the entire Scottish game is screwed - 3 squabbling governing bodies all on one corridor in Hampden Park. In a country the size of Scotland it's completely bonkers. As it is to have 42 league clubs for population of 5 million (compare England 92 league clubs population 50 million - in the same basis, Scotland ought to have 9 or 10 clubs, or England 420 :lol: )

There's no pyramid structure to the league, so the team at the bottom of division 3 is going nowhere. Teams in the HFL, EOSL or SOSL are likewise going nowhere (unless there's a winding up) - some of the league teams play to less than 100 audience - and on any level that's hardly going to pay the bus fare to get there, even if you only live 800yds up the road..

Relegation from the SPL/Promotion from Division 1 is made artificially difficult by there being inly 1-up/1-down.

The SPL itself is dull because they all get to play each other 3 or 4 times (depending on the split). The split is just nuts.

I'm basing all of this on no knowledge whatsoever of the Scottish game - but then the SFA/SFL/SPL seem to do that too, so it's just as valid :D

Fido said:
I'm working too hard. I was about to change our bed linen as usual on Monday mornings when Mrs F said "Do you know that some people only change their sheets three times a year?"

That many times? Wow. Some people have too much time on their hands.... :lol:

cheese_dave said:
Fido said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Goodnight!
Ah, that's why he gets up so early, he goes to bed at a girl's time.

Oh. I thought it was just because he is old...................................er and struggle to know what time it is :shock:

Got myself out of that one ;)

1gear said:
cheese_dave said:
Fido said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Goodnight!
Ah, that's why he gets up so early, he goes to bed at a girl's time.

Oh. I thought it was just because he is old...................................er and struggle to know what time it is :shock:

Got myself out of that one ;)

Here I am at 4.55am after a solid 6 hours sleep. 4 hours was enough for Mrs T. Some of us do need less of things as we get older. Early morning the mind is a lot sharper than late at night. But then I guess it depends on what you are up to as to whether there is any point to that!

Much to do.

I often will have 6/7 hours sleep a night.
I struggle to get to sleep at night, and can sometimes still be awake at 2am and feeling wide awake. Im up at 7 on a weekend to do a morning paper round(yes, i still do one!!!) so no chance for a lie in there.
Ive found a coffee before bed helps, with a few biscuits.

Back
Top Bottom