Can anyone recommend something that smells of Patchouli...

Re: Can anyone recommend something that smells of Patchouli.

Givenchy Gentleman. Try a tester in the shops, the patchouli was fairly strong to me.

I know a few good patchouli fragrances that are either unisex or mens. The patchouli fragrances that have patchouli as a dominant or single note tend to sway towards the niche. The price tag for them can make you cough a little, compared to mainstream perfumes!

Montale's Black Aoud and Montale's White Oud are both strong in patchouli. I think the Black Aoud is stronger but I obtained a sample vial of each from someone who thought the White Aoud was the stronger patchouli! They are both gorgeous, the Black one very masculine to my nose...

Patchouli Antique by Les Nereides.

L'Artisan's Patchouli Patch.

Etro's Patchouly (there is one on fleabay at the moment).

Mr Spiral loves patchouli too; I picked him up a couple of Body Shop Patchouli's from ebay... they're oils though, not alcohol based.

I'm tempted to try out the make-your-own with the vodka now :D

One of my favourite perfumes and one I wear a lot is C'est La Fete Patchouli by Christian Lacroix.... gorgeous woman's patchouli scent. A bit too powdery for the fellas though or I'd recommend it. You can pick it up for a tenner from scentstore (RRP £33) so you could always get the lady in your life to wear patchouli instead!!!

tom ford does "white patchouli" for women. There may be a ale alternative. That said, i always found the female version a perfectly nice and wearable smell.

Hi Ted,

I'm not a big single note patchouli fan, but it can be excellent when part of a mix. For a long time my signature scent was Jacomo de Jacomo EdT. Extremely interesting frag that settles down to a patchouli/oakmoss sorta thing.

I've heard it's been reforumulated but can't tell you if it's changed much if at all. I know there's a newer bottle out now (silver cap), and I'll include a pic of the older version I used to wear years ago. It looks like some sites still carry the older version for a good price if you look around.

Basenotes has a bunch of reviews to look through.

Martin

Attachments

• Jacomo.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 222

Aramis JHL

Where's Andy?

He'll add some to the list.

of course there is always "Quorum"

a fragrance available for so very little money, and yet worn in the right way can smell absolutely superb. Every bit as good as aramis, but with a darker undertone. The patchouli in this is fairly evident.

Safari for men by ralph lauren also has patchouli notes through it.

I own both of these Frags, and love them each in their own right.

antdad said:
Hippy piss?

images

shrink said:
of course there is always "Quorum"

a fragrance available for so very little money, and yet worn in the right way can smell absolutely superb. Every bit as good as aramis, but with a darker undertone. The patchouli in this is fairly evident.

Safari for men by ralph lauren also has patchouli notes through it.

I own both of these Frags, and love them each in their own right.

"Quorum" ................ The only fragrance in the world that's harder than Brut !!!

JohnnyO. :cool:

Father Ted, look in BST <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6005&p=82265#p82265" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6005&p=82265#p82265</a><!-- l -->" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Might want to try that...

Max

Professor Blighty said:
If you don't find anything you like, I will make up a scent for you if you like.

Martin
I'd be very interested if you do decide to make up a scent containing patchouli :cool:

Patchouli is a green (from a plant) extract from the mint family. It is too one dimensional a scent to be effective on its own in a cologne or aftershave. It will not clash with Cedarwood, Myrrh, Rose, Rosewood or Sandalwood, and to create a rounded scent, one or more of those could be chosen as a background to the patchouli.

It depends on what Father Ted wants, and what scents from the list he likes.

I would suggest for a cologne: Rose-Patchouli-Cedarwood.

Martin.

Back
Top Bottom