Cade drying

Does anyone else find that Cade soap dries very quickly. I have been using it on and off for a while, and find it dries very quickly on my face. A little like a clay face mask. I don't seem to get the same with any other soaps. I have tried dryer and wetter lathers and it seems to make little difference. By the time i have shaved both cheeks and my neck, the soap on my top lip and chin are crusty dry. Very tedious.

Cheers Peter. I wonder if my skin is actually sucking the moisture out of it, and possibly it has a high clay content. I find that when i soak my face in hot water and then make my lather, my face is dry by the time i am ready to shave. i then have to re-wet my face prior to shaving. I certainly don't have dry skin, in fact i would definitely say that my skin is on the oily side.
Very strange.

Hi Tony, The soap actually dries out completely, to a point where it actually cracks and you couldn't shave with it, it's hard.
I have to rub a wet hand over it to finish my chin. This happens each pass. When i rinse between passes i don't even rinse all the soap off. I just rub my wet hands over my face and all the unused soap around the edges is just distributed around my face before re lathering.
Very odd.

If you're not sure if it's your face affecting the lather then you could try just seeing what happens to it when you place a blob in a bowl. If it too dries out quickly at least you'll know it's not you.

Pig Cat said:
If you're not sure if it's your face affecting the lather then you could try just seeing what happens to it when you place a blob in a bowl. If it too dries out quickly at least you'll know it's not you.

I would say that the lather in the bowl takes on a sort of slightly grainy dry texture, if that makes sense. Between lathers i rework it and it seems to whip back up ok, but it definitely takes on a slightly strange texture between passes.
Again very odd.

heroblob said:
Pig Cat said:

I would say that the lather in the bowl takes on a sort of slightly grainy dry texture, if that makes sense. Between lathers i rework it and it seems to whip back up ok, but it definitely takes on a slightly strange texture between passes.
Again very odd.

Send me your Cade and I'll try it too. It's the least I can do to help. :D

Edit: Actually it's the most I can do too. In fact it's all I'm going to do. That's it. I'm out! ;)

antdad said:
I think you are taking too long and or you are not hydrating your lather enough.

Would you consider 2-3mins for a pass to be too long Tony. I don't find a problem with any other soaps. Regards the hydration of the lather, I have tried from quite thick and fairly dry through to enough water to start giving large bubbles and being quite thin when applying to the face. All seem to give the same results. Do others find the Cade to have a very narrow sweet spot that i may have just been missing.

Nope, I don't think 2-3 minutes isn't very long for a complete pass. Cade is part of my rotation too so I'm quite familiar with it. I'd try using a bowl.

antdad said:
Nope, I don't think 2-3 minutes isn't very long for a complete pass. Cade is part of my rotation too so I'm quite familiar with it. I'd try using a bowl.

That's how i use it now Tony. Always bowl lather. I may try face lathering it to see if i get any change.

I'm not sure face lathering is going to help but you're clearly not getting enough moisture into the lather if it is cracking within 3 minutes.

Thick doesn't necessarily mean slick. Add more soap and add more water.

Cade seems to like and take quite a bit of water. I suspect, as others have said, that you are not hydrating it enough.

Out of all of my soaps, Cade is the one that seems to require less brush loading than anything else that I have.

Ian

I will admit i do soak a little water on the top while i shower, and then load for quite a while.
Will try not loading quite so much and see what happens. May have a play test lathering with it. and make changes each time and see what occurs.

Back
Top Bottom