BritishHall

Boab

Administrator
Staff Member
LeJog 2022 Finisher
It went a bit quiet with regards to them opening a website, anyone dealt with them recently and or knows what is happening with them?

It would be nice to secure a TSR members discount if possible,

Not a peep, I got my order with no problems or delays and plenty of samples thrown in. I asked them to keep me updated with his new site when launched, so far nothing.

Maybe we wiped out his stock!! I had no probs getting the brush I ordered but I remember them saying how frantic it was.It might be a case of them waiting until they get the infrastructure sorted out in order to cope.Lets hope so.

my order arrived ok but it was a 'mare communicating with him.

i was wondering how he could offer such discounts and was wary of making a purchase to be frank, i did send a few PM's antdad's way for re-assurance but went ahead never the less.

having never seen a proper bottle of T&H a/s & cologne i'm still sure that his stock is QC failures or such like as the bottle tops on my stuff don't close that well and don't sit square on the cap?
i could be wrong though, that said the product in the bottle seems like the real deal

I think this my be the website:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.britishhall.co.uk/">http://www.britishhall.co.uk/</a><!-- m -->

If it is, it's still under development. I won't be making any kind of purchase until things look more sorted. I know a fancy website isn't the be all and end all, but it would give me more confidence. The guy running it sounds very busy. Perhaps he has other ventures on the go too?

I think i had seen that before and there was even less on it. I agree it sound like they are in the middle of chaos, mind you I got my order really quickly and well packaged. Perhaps best e-mailing and see what response you get.

Charles at QEDUSA is liike that, his website is like a rubiks cube, it really would put you off but if you e-mail him his responses are quick and informative, nothing is too much trouble and he is professional to deal with, ships quick and cheap to anywhere in the world.

Look chaps I generally kept my own council concerning BH. Many of us have ordered from him via but having spoke to him at length when I was after a brush he proceeded to tell me about his "strategy" for his business.
Well to be kind it was he who needed to convince himself and I told Hando as much.
Launching websites, shaving days opened by royalty, moving offices...well you can make you're own mind up about that but the site hasn't moved for weeks and just looks like a home job and according to you guys he is not answering his messages.
Just preceed with caution.

I did have a phone conversation with him once. He seemed a nice chap but reminded me of my neighbour of a few years ago, a couple of doors down. While out washing the car one day we stick up a conversation and he asked what I did and when I asked him he said he was a “businessman”. Nothing much wrong with that statement on its own but then came the sitting on the patio having “business” conversations that were clearly intended to impress people who could hear him in the next street. The guy from BH struck me as a similar type.

I guess what I am trying to say is that he seemed like a nice guy but a bit full of crap and loved to spout it over me when all I wanted to know was what he had in stock.

I have spoken to Peter of BH on several occasions (admittedly not recently) and met him in person, when he hand-delivered my order of creams. He is fired with energy, enthusiasm and imagination - just exactly what this country needs at the moment. If none of us has heard from him lately, I'm sure it's because he is establishing the foundations of a business which will take root now, and flourish once the economic climate turns. The very best of British to him!

I have also met him in person. He is a nice guy with a lots of enthusiasm.

I agree his prices are almost too good to be true.

All I can say is that I bought two Floris soaps in bowls and a DR Harris balm. All was in sealed packaging, so its hard to imagine they are seconds. I have opened one soap and it looked perfect apart from a light dusting on top. Is it possible it has not been stored properly?

His attitude is that the mark-ups on this stuff are so high that there is room for discounting.

If you want to get hold of him, the best way by a mile, is to call him directly on 07846324567. He is lousy with email.

Out of the blue on Wednesay I got a reply to my original email from Peter. We swapped a few mails and I ordered what I was after on Wednesday evening. Peter send me a confirmation email telling me that the items would be posted first thing on Thirsday morning; they are now sittin on my desk - along with a free tube of T&H Almond S/C. :D

It took a while to get going but once you press the go button it all happens pretty quickly.

I would certainly buy products from Peter again - if it was for a present I'd give plenty of notice though. ;)

Rik.

I guess this never worked out for BritishHall.

His ebay feedback probably tells the story, seemed like he was doing well for a while too.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=britishhall&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI ... world=true</a><!-- m -->

Back
Top Bottom