Blade Poll

I'm reaching the end of my blade samples only shark and perma sharp left to try then will do my upmost to avoid trying any others as I've now got 480 super thins, 150 yellow 7 o'clocks on way and 100 iridiums which should last me a while.
Otherwise I'll be back at square one wanting to try everyone elses recommendations. My AD has finally settled down and I'm comfortable with what I have.

I've started to look at straights though :eek:

simmo3801 said:
I'm reaching the end of my blade samples only shark and perma sharp left to try then will do my upmost to avoid trying any others as I've now got 480 super thins, 150 yellow 7 o'clocks on way and 100 iridiums which should last me a while.
Otherwise I'll be back at square one wanting to try everyone elses recommendations. My AD has finally settled down and I'm comfortable with what I have.

I've started to look at straights though :eek:

Don’t think for one minute that you can ignore that little voice in the back of your head fella. It crops up at the most inopportune moments, gradually getting louder and better at its arguments that instil doubt in any rational thinking.

Now one hundred Iridium’s is, in average user use at least a whole year’s supply of blades no. BUT, they are bloody good blades, a lot of bloody good blades have gone out of production or moved manufacturing location and suffered in quality.

So maybe getting just another hundred to extend your stash to two years might be a good idea.

You’re in your mid thirties or their about, so really you’ve got many years of shaving stretching out into the distance. Wouldn’t it be a good idea then, maybe, that whenever I place a shave related order I should, just to be on the safe side, stick another hundred Iridium’s on with it.

In fact at the moment there is an offer on Iridium’s going at around £58 for 500 blades, that’s six years worth of shaving with what you have already, that’s a nice buffer zone to cover any eventualities.

Bloody hell, I’ve become that voice haven’t I..... :roll:

Hi. New member here.

Having tried about 25 different blades my top 3 would have to be (in no particular order):
Trig (cheap, safe for a quick shave if late for work/recovering from another bad blade)
Kai (a little less harsh and sharp for me than Feathers, which I would rate as fourth)
Astra Super Stainless (fantastic for price, longevity, sharpness and a delicate ride)

Interested to see what others think of these

Back
Top Bottom