Blade disposal

Harleyrider said:
Empty drinks can, strong bitter like "speckled hen" is best, ( more fun emptying the can ). ready made blade aperture in the top, off to recycling when necessary.
thats a good one and it's a good reason to buy more beer "I need a new blade bank love just popping down to the offeee!!"

+1 on the soup can.

Smart Price can of soup - 2 small holes in the bottom - Drained - swilled with water - Dried - Label removed - Slot cut in the top with a Dremmel - Bobs your fathers brother.

Not filled one yet, but when i do it will be labeled clearly as containing sharps and sent to the recycle yard furnace.
Cheap and very efficient.

If that doesn't float your boat , you can get bright yellow medical Sharps disposal Bins on E-bay - when full take em up the local hospital for disposal.

Blades are fine for recycling, it's when you have the multi blades throwaways embedded in plastic that it becomes uneconomical to recover them. I use the soup tin also, think I saw the idea first mooted on another chatroom a while ago. Like all good ideas it's simple, economic ............. and I'd never have come up with it ! :oops:

JohnnyO.

I heard from a colleague that people used to stick them in the windowframe so thieves were discouraged or (is that the right word?) disfingered.

But that was the old days in certain parts of certain cities.

Nothing we would think of these days ofcourse!

Bye,

Eric

I was wondering about this, glad I found some answers. Working in the medical field, I have access to sharps containers, so I think I'll stick to that.
For those that want one, just go to your local pharmacy/GP/Clinic/Hospital and ask for one, they usually have them for diabetic people. (fairly cheap)
The advantage of these is that they are quite "child-safe", which might be important for some of you here.
(then drop them at your GP/Hospital on your yearly visit)

Please don't just chuck them in the bin, using cans etc.. are good ideas though!

FB.

I thought about using a sharps tub, but then I also quite like to recycle.

What I'm using now is a tic tac tub and it's working very well.

RB73 said:
I have no need, i use a Personna 74.
837514213.gif

I'm using an all metal 99p money bank (from the 99p shop, but poundstetcher, and poundland all have similar products with different silly/tacky/uninteresting pictures and/or such on them), with no bung hole, just the top slot. If used for money, one would need the can opener, or to shake the coins and fish them out with a butterknife, or a popsicle/ice lolly stick, or summat; with blades, just fill it and recycle the whole thing at one go... might think about sealng off the top slot first though.

Back
Top Bottom