Blade disposal

Mine go into a sharps bin, which gets collected once a month.
I already had access to one, wasn't too keen in just wrapping them in the paper and throwing them, then realised they could probably go in the sharps bin. Which i prefer.
But alot of blades in a plastic box have a slot in the back that you can shove the old blade in.

I read (probably on Beavis & Butthead) that in the old days bathrooms had holes in the walls or the backs of medicine cabinets that people would pop used blades in to. So I now do the same. There is a gap in the cabinet under my sink that I bung them in. One day we'll get a new bathroom and the plumber will cut his fingers to shreds! :lol:

I did the thing where you drain the soup from a can by punching a couple of holes in the bottom, then punch a blade size slot in the rim.

When it's full of blades I will bash down and seal the slot before tossing the can in the recycle bin.

Harleyrider said:
Empty drinks can, strong bitter like "speckled hen" is best, ( more fun emptying the can ). ready made blade aperture in the top, off to recycling when necessary.

I like soup. Great fun sooking the carrots and stuff from the small holes in the bottom of the tin. :hungrig

I just assumed that it would go in the recycling bucket with the rest of the cans, bottles and the like. If not then will toss it into the big bin. I will give it more thought in a couple of years when, by that time the can should be about half full. :)

My "blade bank" is an old can of illy coffee. Punched a slot into the top with a lock knife and wrapped the can with gaffer tape (so the kids cannot get into it).

It seems such a waste, just throwing them away, they're still so sharp, just not sharp enough for shaving with.

Are there no tools; scrapers, cutters and the like; that can take DE blades, cos I can go through stanley knives and the like fairly quickly on a job round the house and DE blades seem ideal for some of those jobs!

Back
Top Bottom