Blackland Adjustable DE Razor

September 22nd release at $350. I do like a Blackland but I'm just not sure about that adjustable mechanism with having to loosen the handle.

Did I hear correctly that you couldn't completely disassemble?

Looks like Blackland are going into direct competition with the likes of the Tatara Muramasa with the price tag on this one. Think Blackland make fantastic razors, but I’d struggle to justify spending $350, the postage from the States, plus the getting lamped with outlandish import duties, customs charges, handling, etc. I’ll be interested to see the reviews on this when it comes out though, and hope that one comes up on the BST at some point at a more affordable price.

I like adjustables, both old and new, and have several. This one looks interesting, although I need to understand the "3-piece" mechanics better than just a quick look gives me.

However, I'm with @Shaun48 over the cost. The base price is quite a lot, but comes out, at my reckoning, below the price of, for example, a Tatara. It's all the other stuff that's dumped on top by various bodies, and which adds near enough another £100 on top, if not more, that puts this into the "probably not" bracket for me.

Back
Top Bottom