Best soap sticks?

joe mcclaine said:
Therefore 90% of the time, people with jobs will not be in when parcels arrive and assuming they are too big to fit through the letterbox they go back to a sorting office to be picked up later.

Irrelevant. Most creams and shave sticks easily fit through the letterbox.
Availability - readily available online, costs - less than two pints, hence fits the criteria. You're always welcome too.

Helveticum said:
joe mcclaine said:
Therefore 90% of the time, people with jobs will not be in when parcels arrive and assuming they are too big to fit through the letterbox they go back to a sorting office to be picked up later.

Irrelevant. Most creams and shave sticks easily fit through the letterbox.
Availability - readily available online, costs - less than two pints, hence fits the criteria. You're always welcome too.

OK treacle.

Palmolive is the best, Erasmic second.

Arko makes great lather and is good for shaving but the scent I just grew to dislike it it made shaving an unpleasant experience.

Wilkinson sword smells nice but does not make a for a good shave.

I would go for :

La Toja
D.R. Harris shaving sticks (yes,very pricey,I know,bu smells great,specially the Arlington)
Wilkinson/Valobra
Palmolive

Stick wise I've only used Palmolive so far as it's so darned easy to get, great value and does a grand job. Thus, although I'm tempted to try others I'm happy enough with the Palmolive not to have bothered with anything else yet.

I've tried Palmolive, and Erasmic.

Both very good, but I have found a bit more slickness in the Erasmic. Although it does smell like wet Yak.

Tried Palmolive, Boots, Valobra, Speick, and Arko. They all worked. Boots was the best packaged, comes with a little plastic cover, Arko smelt the worst, Speick was the nicest, and Palmolive was the cheapest and easiest to get hold of (it works just fine).

Kevin

I just tried the Palmolive for the first time yesterday and was quite positively surprised. It produces great thick lather, has a pleasant scent and is very very cheap. You cannot go wrong with this one.

Just picked up a palmolive one in the supermarket this weekend after it was recommended to me. Have to say, very good actually. Really enjoyed it. Not much of a scent, but for the price who cares!

I'm trying to put together a wet kit so this may find its way in.

Back
Top Bottom