Best soap sticks?

I've used Palmolive, Erasmic, Boots and Arko and liked the Palmolive best of that bunch because it works well, is very cheap and smalls pretty good too.

I just tried a Tabac stick today, and it's my new favourite - although it does seem to polarise opinions on its' scent.

So, I would say Palmolive would be best, unless you like the smell of Tabac?

Cheers,

Gordon

Palmolive - by a huge margin.

I've tried them all.

If Valobra or Speick were cheaper and easier to get hold of then they might come close.

Gogser said:
I've used Palmolive, Erasmic, Boots and Arko and liked the Palmolive best of that bunch because it works well, is very cheap and smalls pretty good too.

I just tried a Tabac stick today, and it's my new favourite - although it does seem to polarise opinions on its' scent.

So, I would say Palmolive would be best, unless you like the smell of Tabac?

Cheers,

Gordon

I haven't used Tabac soap so no idea what it smells like. I do like a nice smell to soaps and creams but more of a traditional smell.

Anyone tried Ogallala Bay Rum stick?

joe mcclaine said:

I've tried them all.

If Valobra or Speick were cheaper and easier to get hold of then they might come close.

What's easier than putting an online order? Costs 3,50 on shaving.ie (2,49 € in Germany). Cost per shave is like five pence anyway.

Helveticum said:
joe mcclaine said:

I've tried them all.

What's easier than putting an online order? Costs 3,50 on shaving.ie (2,49 € in Germany). Cost per shave is like five pence anyway.

eh?

Order Valobra on line for 3.50 and go to the post office to collect it when I can bother my arse to or nip to the local shop to pick up Palmolive for 50p?

That is what we call a no-brainer over 'ere my owd.

I've tried the La Toja, Erasmic, Arko, Boots and Palmolive - The Palmolive is down to a nub all the rest are almost full. Palmolive has a nice mild, clean, soap smell all the rest are scented to a degree, the La Toja and the Arko quite strongly when fresh and they make my nose burn when I inevitably get soap up it. At 50p in Morrison's or 49p in Wilkinson's it costs nowt to try as well.

joe mcclaine said:
eh?

Order Valobra on line for 3.50 and go to the post office to collect it when I can bother my arse to or nip to the local shop to pick up Palmolive for 50p?

Don't know where you reside, but can only feel sorry for you not getting a home delivery. Grand savings of 3 quid must be dramatic over there too I reckon :icon_razz:

Helveticum said:
joe mcclaine said:
eh?

Don't know where you reside, but can only feel sorry for you not getting a home delivery. Grand savings of 3 quid must be dramatic over there too I reckon :icon_razz:

Our postmen tend to work the same hours as the general public.

Therefore 90% of the time, people with jobs will not be in when parcels arrive and assuming they are too big to fit through the letterbox they go back to a sorting office to be picked up later.

Sorting offices close before most people finish work which means an inconvenient trip to the sorting office on a Saturday morning.

The original poster asked us for our favourite sticks based on a number of criteria.

Availability and cost are two important ones along with performance and scent.

Even IF the other sticks were available in the local shop they still aren't as good as Palmolive ... I only said they were close.

My pleasure, don't mention it.

Another vote for La Toja here.

I've also tried Palmolive, Speick and Arko. Like La Toja, they all provide superb lather. At 50p, Palmolive will always be the undisputed value king (but none of us got into this lark to save pennies, did we?)

Scent is subjective. I don't like the scent of Palmolive or Arko. I like the scent of La Toja very much. And few soaps leave my face feeling as good post-shave either.

Back
Top Bottom