Best pre-shave

I really like I Coloniali as a pre and post shave. Also I use a tip from Celestino and that is to rub in some shave cream and let it work for a few mins, I then apply my soap/cream on top, and it is very effective in making the hairs soft.

Generally speaking I prefer Vitos Pre shave to either Proraso version, I do have a couple of home made pre shave oils as well as some Village Barber oil and I've just bought a tube of Prep preshave creme from Retro Grooming to give that a go, I also fancy trying the 3P pre shave as well. I also have a bottle of Myrsol Emulsion which I love for both pre and post shave and would see a lot more use if it was available here in the UK.

I use Proraso pre and post cream, not bad at either to be honest? Whether it does anything is beyond me pre shave but use it anyways.

Also got a Nivea pre shave oil for £1 and suspect a little more glide than when using a cream and use it only because it's cheap.

I did use pre-shave oils on my neck but found that Super Smooth has no real need for a pre-shave so have left it out for months now. I have also done away with aftershave balms as the soap also conditions skin well. More space on my shelve for aftershave, win win! :D

Re: RE: Best pre-shave

mr..bean said:
I love using The Fat as a pre shave! Lather up as usual and massage it in and then a new layer of the top and shave! Works for me!
I've started doing this with Trumpers sandalwood soap seconds I picked up some time back of TSR on the cheap. Works superbly in the same way as Mr Bean mentions.

@WindsorCitrus said:
I think the best Pre Shave is RazoRock Glycerin soap lime, it's fantastic. (This is not the HTGAM collaboration)
Very hard to find now. I am really liking Shave Oils lately.

We were contemplating bringing some of this in on our last order with Joe WindsorCitrus, it is good stuff then I take it?

Yea it's great, I have brought the coconut one to go with soaps with sweeter scents as well.

So easy to use, wet your face and apply it directly or lather it up in wet hands and massage into your beard.

Cheap and easy to use. I haven't seen his lime one for some time now, didn't know if Joe stil did it. I'm running out so need some soon.

If he doesn't have it I will try Occams version. That would be a shame as I think they are the most effective type of pre shave I have come across.

That said I am increasingly enjoying shaving oils. The only complaint I do have is that I did have the almond version but it seemed to irritate my face slightly.

I think the Proraso Pre-shave cream is pretty good and I do love that menthol. Really wakes me up! If your looking to go all natural, which is one way to really switch it up, you can try Badger Navigator Class Man Care Pre Shave Oil. This article here talks about the best pre shave oils and does a pretty good job I think of listing the good ones and explaining why they are good and how they differ as you will always find with any grooming product, personal preference is very significant.

Back
Top Bottom