Best pre-shave

How does this compare to Wrights Coal Tar soap? It's a fave of mine and I've noticed it's got glycerin in it, but not sure how it compares to something like Pears.
Hi Benz3ne, I cannot compere I'm afraid. I've never used Wrights for shaving. I have used it as a general soap in my youth though. I don't think they are too dissimilar though. What I do is this. I shower while the brush is soaking in lukewarm water then once out and dry I wet my ugly mug and rub the Pears on my face....It does try to recoil, can't really blame it ;)
Then add a bit of water to lather it a little. I then lather over the top and off I go. Works great.

I have been using TOBS pre-shave oil for my entire DE shaving experience (2 months) and find it to be ok. My one issue the oily residue that it leaves on the sink (I am seriously OCD on this kind of thing and it drives me mad). I have therefore purchased some Proraso pre-shave cream that will be given a test drive tomorrow morning. If it is half as good as the shaving soap, I will be delighted.

Back
Top Bottom