Best Buff for cold weather

I am thinking of getting a buff to keep me warm while waiting for my bus in the mornings and evenings. What do people think of the reversible polar one (I assume it is one side microfiber and one side fleece, or the wool one? which is warmer/comfortable?

monkeytennis said:
I am thinking of getting a buff to keep me warm while waiting for my bus in the mornings and evenings. What do people think of the reversible polar one (I assume it is one side microfiber and one side fleece, or the wool one? which is warmer/comfortable?

Sorry, I thought you said Muff and it piqued my interest:icon_razz:

Ive had a couple of standard Buff's for years, pretty much since they were launched in the UK - Ive used them whilst riding motorbikes, whilst out walking and this weekend whilst sledging with the kids.
The standard one is fine and fits under most items of clothing etc.

I did have fleece Buff but found it too bulky, so my standard ones are used for everything - they are great but make sure its a proper Buff, I bought a knock off once and it was shite.
428098_10151372064777838_516827382_n.jpg

This Buff is about 10 years old, the buffer is somewhat older

Gairdner said:
What the feck is a buff? Ee, I must be getting old.....

It's basically a tube of fabric which is slightly stretchy, you can pull it over your napper and down to the neck to keep the neck/ lower face warm. Loads of different styles/patterns available.

Oh right - wouldn't a scarf do? Or am I a little old-fashioned? I must say old chap, that the pocket watch and buff aren't exactly bosom buddies, what, what.

Ginger, thanks for using the word, "napper". What a fabulous word that is! :D

Just get the standard ones they are small enough to stuff into your pocket if it gets warmer and you don't want to wear them.

I find them more convenient than a scarf and more effective, great when cycling or walking the dog, I have on occasion been known to wear 2 when cycling.

I used two standard ones when skiing, one ruffled round the neck and the other as face protection. I agree with the other buff fans, one standard buff for the neck is fine in UK temps and yes the fleece ones are just that bit bulky.

Back
Top Bottom