Balm suggestions please!

Nivea's best balm is the new(er) Sensitive Pro Ultra Calming one, comes in a green bottle with a pump and blows the older glass bottle ones out of the water. You can get in supermarkets, Boots, Superdrug and Amazon - not expensive but just shop around as you'll quite often find it on special somewhere.

In terms of artisan balms don't discount the House of Mammoth ones either!

Boot’s Freshwood.
Astral moisturiser.
Unrefined Shea butter.
Bulldog sensitive balm.
Real Shaving Co. Balm.

All magic but I will try Bart’s once I’m done with my current stock which will likely be sometime in 2024!

Boot’s Freshwood.
Astral moisturiser.
Unrefined Shea butter.
Bulldog sensitive balm.
Real Shaving Co. Balm.

All magic but I will try Bart’s once I’m done with my current stock which will likely be sometime in 2024!

I'm thinking of getting my first ever balm(s) from Bart's and have noticed the URL (webpage 'address') for the gift set of 7 scents, and become slightly curious:

bartsbalm.co.uk/collections/all/products/aftershave-balm-gift-set-all-8-scents

I notice that the set of 7 doesn't include the newer Ben Kilbreck scented balm. I guess that the 'description' within the URL of 'all 8 scents' is inaccurate though and should be ignored.

Nivea's best balm is the new(er) Sensitive Pro Ultra Calming one, comes in a green bottle with a pump and blows the older glass bottle ones out of the water. You can get in supermarkets, Boots, Superdrug and Amazon - not expensive but just shop around as you'll quite often find it on special somewhere.

Great! Thank you, this is often on offer as you say

The Nivea is on sale at Amazon for £4 should anyone need any!

Out of the balms the best I've come across for my skin is L'Occitane Cade. Not cheap but a tube usually lasts me in the region of one to two years.

To be honest though I tend to use more moisturisers than I do balms. Just suits my skin. Home Bargains were recently selling the Collegen line of moisturisers off for £1.99 so I took 12 of them. An absolute bargain and superb stuff
L’occitane is superb, very moisturising and great for the colder months, wish they did an unscented version.

I don't use balms much anymore but, when I did, I used to swear by Nivea. It's nice and creamy and it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. Plus, it smells quite pleasant too.
If my memory is correct, I vaguely recall Aramis making a moisturising aftershave balm. It used to be sold in Debenhams. Now, THAT is what you call a quality aftershave balm. It used to be quite pricey, but then quality always costs a bit more.

L'Occitane balms are first rate and are a balm in the truest sense... Like rubbing clotted cream into your boat race. I consider Proraso and Nivea etc to be milks which is something between a balm and a splash.

Last edited:
I don't use balms much anymore but, when I did, I used to swear by Nivea. It's nice and creamy and it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. Plus, it smells quite pleasant too.
If my memory is correct, I vaguely recall Aramis making a moisturising aftershave balm. It used to be sold in Debenhams. Now, THAT is what you call a quality aftershave balm. It used to be quite pricey, but then quality always costs a bit more.
I have that balm, must dig it out now the colder months are returning.

Reactions: FJY
Back
Top Bottom