B&M FYI

My 1 oz. sample of Mûir(e) Wood arrived today in elegant paper wrapping I might add within a plastic bag. I will state right out of the chute that this is clearly a scent for those who enjoy strong floral type scents. It is potent!! I have smelled it several times today and IMO it is clearly a cold weather scent and not for hot weather. I get wisps of some of their other scents, but they are fleeting. I am sure it will shave incredibly as it's their newest base, but I will only reiterate that if you are a lover of potent artisanal scents then this is definitely for you, especially if you live where there are cold winters. Since I don't I won't be buying a tub, but I will enjoy this sample and am glad that Will has decided to sell these 1 oz. samples now.

I am not going to try to sort out the different scents within as this one is complex and is (as are almost all B&M scents) definitely a "love it or hate it" affair. YMMV. Note however that it is indeed very, very well done and that each time I whiff it I like it a little bit more. :unsure:

Their scents description is:

Blackberry, Vetiver, Balsam Resin, Damp Air

Last edited:
I received samples of the Four Horsemen today and let me just start by saying that all 4 smell great. War I like a little less than the others scentwise. Of course, it would be redundant to mention their Omnibus base which is if not the best then it's in the Top Three or so of artisan soaps IMO.

Click on scent in description of each for notes breakdown:

Last edited:
I received samples of the Four Horsemen today and let me just start by saying that all 4 smell great. War I like a little less than the others scentwise. Of course, it would be redundant to mention their Omnibus base which is if not the best then it's in the Top Three or so of artisan soaps IMO.

I'm waiting on the four horseman samples, as well as Muire wood sample from maggards.

I’m really tempted to order samples of these… but too worried that I’ll like them all and will have to have all 4 sets

The scent descriptions definitely sound promising, war actually sounded like it would be my favourite but to be fair my interpretation of the scents is always off, just glad they're already en route so I can give them a try.

These are very different scents and one man's treasure is another's trash. However, I assure you that all 4 are indeed interesting.
Just received my samples and gave them a whiff out of the bag.

I'm with you, War is my least favourite, can't describe the scent, there's a hint there of damocles but a lot more to it.

Plague smells exactly like MdC Fougère to me, perhaps exactly might be a bit strong but very similar, so I love it.

Famine I want to say is fairly floral/fruity but by this point I'm starting to mix up scents.

And as they say death seems like a mix (but again I might be nose blind).

Did you find any difference in use? Going to give them a bash over the next few days.

Reactions: ATG
My samples finally arrived. I concur about "war"...it has a really strong herbal smell to it, and this is really the first scent in a soap or cream that I dont like (others say cilantro / coriander).

Just when I thought to myself that I'm done buying soaps...there's 7 of those soaps I want ..
They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

true story

Just an FYI that they just early released samples of their new Smoking Bishop. My 1 oz. sample arrived today and I gotta tell you ham & eggers that if you like tobacco this one will push you over the edge! Sweet floral tobacco makes you feel like you are sitting in a top shelf humidor puffin' on a Big Money cigar while being caressed by a beautiful woman wearing a gorgeous floral perfume!

Winner winner, chicken dinner!! :love:

Today I received a 1 oz. sample of their new Atomic Holiday. Here's their description:

Comprised of pineapple, lime, bergamot, labdanum, and ozone, Atomic Holiday is thrillingly optimistic, a bright, cheery fragrance for even the darkest Winter nights...

I hate to sound like a shill for them, but man is this scent refreshingly different!! You can smell them all melded together!! I like this much more than Mûir(e) Wood or Smoking Bishop!! This could be used year 'round!! I vote it as the most different citrus/fruit medley that I have ever smelled!! :love:

Back
Top Bottom