Autumn Scents

heheheheehehehehehe .............. that's it then, I'm now going to unload any amount of esoteric "stuff" which will contain carefully planted pieces of inaccurate disinformation with the intention of provoking ever more dissent and debate about absolutely nothing at all ! (And I can !).

& don't you dare get off Ian, cause I like reading your posts.

JohnnyO. :(

Honesty would compel me to admit that nowadays I'm more "phlegm" than "Flem" dear Anster ! (I hope that you note I am carefully avoiding any such crass comments as my word being my bond .......... oops, just didn't avoid there !) Sorry ever so.

JohnnyO. :oops:

Sorry to drag the thread kicking and screaming back on topic, but has anyone tried the West Indian Lime scent, in particular Crabtree and Evelyn? I guess that lime, followed by spice and wood would be autumnal? If no-one has any experience of it ,then I may have to be the guinea pig for it.

aberimp said:
Sorry to drag the thread kicking and screaming back on topic, but has anyone tried the West Indian Lime scent, in particular Crabtree and Evelyn? I guess that lime, followed by spice and wood would be autumnal? If no-one has any experience of it ,then I may have to be the guinea pig for it.

The lime is fleeting, in fact after just a few minutes you are left with just a slightly clean faint spicy note.

Its not bad in any shape or form, just not what i was expecting.

Grey Flannel Cologne by Geoffrey Beene, just got this from online store cheapsmells after reading good reviews about it on Basenotes etc, it is just excellent, opens with a lovely Violets note & the drydown is great, a perfect autumn / winter fragrance. Have ordered some Bowling Green by Geoffrey Beene after the great blind buy of Grey Flannel - Bonus is the Grey Flannel was only £12 ! A must try !

Thanks for the continuing suggestions guys.

I did buy myself some Crabtree and Evelyn West Indian Lime Cologne, as it was on offer in the Meadowhall store. My opinion on it is that it's got a lovely opening lime scent, which then turns into a sandalwood after about an hour. It's quite nice, but I would have liked the lime to last longer.

I might have to have a look at the Musgo Oakmoss or a Spanish Leather once my budget can afford it again (that's why I've not been on here for a couple of weeks!)

Neilo - would you say that the violet is a 'manly' violet if that makes sense? I'm not normally a fan of overly-floral scents, but it sure sounds interesting.

Aberimp, Grey Flannel violet is manly enough, initially it is quite strong, but then dies down, the longevity of the Flannel is great 12 hours no problem, it's worth a shot at £12, but may be for the older man as it originated in the 70's !!, enjoy

Back
Top Bottom