Autumn Scents

Right, I'm beginning to prepare for Autumn, and I need some autumn scents. As it's my first autumn DE shaving, I'm not sure what sort of scents would classify as 'Autumn'. I've got my eye on some Pinaud Bay Rum, which is definitely autumn, and I already have som DR Harris Sandalwood, which I consider to be suitable for autumn. But I don't know what else I should be looking at. The problem is that I've not tried stuff like Tabac, Alt Innsbruck etc, so I don't want to buy something like that if it's far too light/menthol/summery.

So, I was wondering what you use for autumn, and whether anyone had any suggestions as to what I should consider/not consider. Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

Cheers in advance

Gosh, that's a tricky one you've posed there m8 ; fragrances are such a subjective thing aren't they. I'm very tempted to say original Brut cologne, until I realised that that's just because I shave with Brut soap, wash with Brut soap & splash it on if not quite all over, certainly in a few interesting places. I always liked the kinda clean, understated scent of JF by Floris, which I was given a pressie of one time, however perhaps a more Autumnal one would be Elite also by Floris. This is described by them as "Green woody for men". Unfortunately the only Floris I have (I rely on being given presents of their products as they are out of my price range) is No 89. I'll gladly send you a sample of it if you want, however I wouldn't think of it as autumnal, more as just classic, like a kinda sweet vanilla.

Sorry I can't help anymore, however I'll be watching this thread with gr8 interest to see who suggests what. Plse let us all know what you eventually decide on.

JohnnyO. :roll:

Walked around Much Wenlock on the weekend sniffing at my wrists in a manner that made me look like i was taking time out from my usual pastime of licking windows :shock:

Why? Elite on one wrist and JF on the other. In the end i decided (sorry, Mrs M decided) JF was rank (in her not so humble way), while the Elite was ok!

Autumn? Tabac's for all seasons mate ;)

Penhaligon's English Fern, the best of the Pen's scent IMO.

I've been thinking about this one...certainly Spring but could be autumnal too.

Cheers for the suggestions so far, guys. There's a lot of variety in the suggestions, from leather to fern, so it looks like there's more to consider than I originally thought.

IanM said:
Trumper's Spanish Leather...
Ian

I've been looking at leather too. I got a sample of Trumper's Spanish Leather recently, but did'nt find much 'leather' involved. It was pleasant, but I expected a bit more. Are other leather colognes more leathery e.g. T&H?

DR Harris Marlborough cologne. I found it lacked intensity and longevity, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt because I may well have a defective nose, and the scent is spot on for autumn.

I've just edited this to say Marlborough, not Arlington. Dementia setting in, I'm afraid. :oops:

A rather summery option - still though very nice, exquisite and uncommon, especially if you are in a place with warm (or even hot) autumn weather:

Muehle/EJ Sea Buckthorn shaving cream and Hermes d'Orange Verte EdC (or EdP).

Cheers for all the replies.

I had a nibble at a Hermes L'Eau d'Orange Verte on eBay but missed out. I decided to go for Tabac in the end, and I'm glad I did. It's very good value for money.

When I get a little more cash saved up, I will look at a couple of the more expensive suggestions mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom