Attention SuperThin Fans

Damian Murphy said:
Maybe he's selling off surplus shaving supplies .

Audiolab said:
:lol: :lol: Very good you have a point there. HM when was your last stock check? You sure your end of blades day is right??

:eek:

Last stock check excluding the "blades beyond use" held in a secret dump in a bunker codename "meemaa'shoos" was in the last hour, so that's safe. I may need to pay an inspection visit to the blades dump.

My blade depletion date is very much a live work in progress - I'm sad enough to note the cumulative number of shaves and blades consumed of each variety in a spreadsheet - using the median performance of them to populate the "shaves per blade" column in my inventory list - I suppose I could use the mean and get a slightly different answer (actually it's markedly different when you have more than 1000 blades of any one type - 0.2 shaves per blade over 1000 blades is 200 shaves or just shy of 7 months)

I need to get out more :ugeek:

Still, it's better to develop Excel skills for something of use to myself rather than for work :D

My brain is a tad fried from planning lessons for school next week but I think that these look pretty cheap from this guy here:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://shop.ebay.co.uk/seangsrirueng/m.html?_nkw=blades&_sacat=0&_odkw=&_osacat=0&bkBtn=&_trksid=p3911.m270.l1313" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://shop.ebay.co.uk/seangsrirueng/m. ... m270.l1313</a><!-- m -->

They seem marginally cheaper if you pay in dollars (£5.84 as opposed to £6.50 in sterling) according to the Ebay dollar rate anyways.

:eek: - he's done away with his 120 packs... so if you're planning on buying "lots" you'd do well to work out the best way to buy (check the $ priced ones, the £ priced ones and the additional item shipping rules - before he was cheaper for 120 on $, but >120 was cheaper in £)

My order of exactly 100 blades turned up today which is quite impressive. 15 packets of 6 and 2 packs of 5 and three different types of packaging so I have no idea whether they originate from.

Ok - here's the hunnymonster quick guide to SuperThin blade origins:

If the packaging has any blue & yellow flashing, they're Vietnamese. If you have any barcoding, it starts 888... Clearly mentions Gillette (Shanghai) on the reverse. The Vietnamese ones are also called "Super Thin Platinum". The text is in standard western script, but with lots of odd accents.

If the packaging is purely red, white & black (& blue if they have the extra blade) - they're Thai. Additional check in the microscopic print you'll find some numbers related to the address of P&G in Thailand (or Gillette if they're older stock) - numbers to look out for:

Gillette (pre-P&G): 11/1, 175, 10120 - usually no barcode
P&G era: 622, 20.22, 10110 - barcode starts 770...

hunnymonster said:
Ok - here's the hunnymonster quick guide to SuperThin blade origins:

If the packaging has any blue & yellow flashing, they're Vietnamese. If you have any barcoding, it starts 888... Clearly mentions Gillette (Shanghai) on the reverse. The Vietnamese ones are also called "Super Thin Platinum". The text is in standard western script, but with lots of odd accents.

If the packaging is purely red, white & black (& blue if they have the extra blade) - they're Thai. Additional check in the microscopic print you'll find some numbers related to the address of P&G in Thailand (or Gillette if they're older stock) - numbers to look out for:

Gillette (pre-P&G): 11/1, 175, 10120 - usually no barcode
P&G era: 622, 20.22, 10110 - barcode starts 770...

Thanks for that - Looks like I have a mixture of Vietnamese with barcode 888 and Thai with barcode 770. Mainly Thai though. Is there much difference between them?

Jumped on the bandwagon seeing as there still seemed to be loads left. Im honestly surprised that a certain breakfast cereal related member never hoovered them all up ;)

Back
Top Bottom