At risk of sounding like a pussy...

Well shaved tonight, less than a day and a half after the shave at the start of this thread.

Only thing changed was the blade which tonight was a feather. A much closer shave and so far looks as though the only irritation/burn comes from yesterdays poor shave areas. Might just persist with this for a few days or so. Only one bit of actual bleeding and complete hair removal with no tugging or discomfort during the shave. Will see how my neck lasts up during the night but so far so good.

Now just to find if there are blades as sharp as feathers but not as expensive.

P.S. also got a trade on a merkur future so might be able to have a bash with that on a gentle setting when it turns up.

Whats your thoughts guys?

Id say go for it, because i am VERY bristly i need quite an aggressive razor otherwise i end up irritated from taking too many passes or trying to use too much pressure, i throw in my blade of choice and crank it to 6.5 and i am always promised a great shave, even if im drunk as a skunk. :lol:

Give super iridium blades a go, nearly as sharp as a feather but very smooth they're a favourite on b&b with good reason.

Have a google for the mergress, it's a progress but worked on a bit to remove all the faults along with that stumpy bit of plastic at the bottom, it's a classy razor.

Back
Top Bottom