Artisan Shaving Soap - Testing...

Pig Cat said:
Briallen said:
I was thinking of looking through soapalchemist's previous posts, but decided against for the moment. There is a danger that I would just end up making copies of what she has worked so hard to develop.

I started from the opposite viewpoint - I read about Sharon's so that I wouldn't make the same type of soap. As she has quite a range of fragrances I think that could be a problem since we both seem to have the same approach to EOs and blending.

Try a different approach. Just go for the novelty end of the market. Here's a few names off the top of my head. Haven't a clue what they should necessarily smell like:

Special Pie
Wind in the Willows
We Come in Peace
Jungle Juice
Gangsters Paradise
Wet Dog

Let your imagination run riot!!!! :p :p :p
I'm OK working out names (don't think the above fit my image really) - it's just that I may well have used the same EOs in a fragrance blend.

Well I used the soap tonight, and I've nothing new to add really. The fizzing is quite unusual though :lol:

TBH based on what I've read I washed it straight off, It's a good sized bar and has a lot of face washed in it still.

<mode=penelope pitstop> HELP!!! </mode>

I've spent a whole hour in Boots looking for a palmolive soap shaving stick (sad, I know) :?

Racks of different coloured razors of 2+ blades. Shelves full of shaving foam, shaving gel, non-brush(?) scaving cremes and 2 shaving brushes, but no soap :roll:

I scoured it carefully, looked at the girlie shaving section (same number of blades, different colours), looked at the posh section near the prezzies, back to the original section and - NOTHING ????? :eek:

Is it contraband? Is it sold in brown paper bags from under the checkout? Where can I find this stuff? I need it to compare its lather with my own creations, but they've hidden it!!! :!:

If anyone knows where I might find a dealer, please let me know ;)

Artisan :)

p.s. I lathered uo some of the new formulation and ........ IT DOESN'T FIZZ!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You'll find the ubiquitous Palmolive almost anywhere except Boots or Sainsbury's

Tesco definitely, Morrisons I think, Asda probably and many independent chemists.

If you run into problems a buck of the boots soap is another example of a very good shaving soap, its more expensive at £2+ but is a glycerine based soap rather than tallow. IIRC

Jeltz said:
If you run into problems a buck of the boots soap is another example of a very good shaving soap, its more expensive at £2+ but is a glycerine based soap rather than tallow. IIRC

Their stick is pretty good and around a quid I believe.

Got some palmolive shaving soap - I see what you mean about the smell :shock:

I'm sure it grows on you :lol:

Lathered it up in a bowl and on my face (I'm getting a very clean jaw atm :shave ). Not sure I'm very good at it yet, but I did notice that there was definitely no fizz :D

Artisan :)

Having read the reviews from others before using the sample I received I actually used mine as a pre-shave and it worked fine.

Nothing else really to add apart from thanks and please continue in your attempts.

I think the more shaving products available the more will hopefully shave properly ........

Back
Top Bottom