Artisan Shaving Soap (Mark 4) Testing...

Here we go again :D

After head-scratching, reformulating and a couple of newer batches, there is finally (I hope) a mark 4 shaving soap looking for brave testers :lol:

A couple of things tweaked in this one, and I will be most interested to hear what you lovely Chaps have to say about it :) :ugeek:

Oils:- Palm, Castor, Coconut, Stearic Acid

Alkali:- Sodium Hydroxide Solution, Potassium Hydroxide Solution

Additives:- Glycerin, Kaolin Clay

Unscented and uncoloured - no allergens

I have 10 samples to send out to the first 8 to reply :?

Let me explain...
2 of the samples have been put aside for two testers who helped me out with a Mark 3.5 :eek: I wanted to push the limits of the 3 oils and 1 hydroxide formulation to the limits, so Arrowhead tested it with a straight razor and Jeltz tested it with his hard water. The feedback summarised that it did work, was useable, but it wasn't anything exceptional. I could have made the lather a bit more stable, but at the expense of the other soap qualities I wasn't prepared to compromise on. They have been offered samples of the Mark 4 in advance as a thank you for their hard work - thanks Chaps ;)

The formulation hasn't changed a great deal to be honest, but I will explain the changes to anyone who might be vaguely interested :lol: I've added stearic acid to help stabilise the lather. Glycerin has been added because of the stearic acid - oils have a glycerol 'spine' with three fatty acids making a structure like a capital 'E'. Pure stearic acid doesn't have that, so I've added some glycerin to make up for it. If I only used sdium hydroxide, the resultant soap would be unbelievably hard - both in feel and to make, so I've added some potassium hydroxide to make it softer and more workable.

So - the first 8 of you to reply on this thread will be accepted as testers (UK or EU please). If you haven't tested a previous soap of mine, please send me a PM with the address you would like the sample to be sent to :shock:

Please add your number to the posting, as we will all know when the magic number has been reached. I'll start it:-

1 Arrowhead
2 Jeltz

Thanks Chaps - your help is most appreciated ;)

Artisan :)

Hurrah!!!!!!!!!!! We have testers!!! :D :D :D

All 10 samples have been allocated and I have most of the addresses needed - just missing Urban Hermit I think. :p

Samples will be packed this afternoon and should be in the post tomorrow ;)

Artisam :)

Back
Top Bottom