Artisan (shaving soap/cream/etc) April

How's the Artisan month going, folks?

I've found my groove, which has focussed around using my numerous Wickham 1912 flavours throughout the week, weaving in Savonniere du Moulin for a mid-week change and pulling in some wildcards at the weekend. My artisan collection is entirely soaps; no razors, splashes or brushes ... unless my reknots count.

I've really enjoyed the month so far. A few minor observations including. My range of artisan shaving soaps isn't the largest but I have enjoyed using the few I own.

Here are my thoughts

Stirling Electric Sheep - the mutton base of theirs is superb. I find it's a soap where a little less loading works to it favour, it's very slick.

Signature Soaps Capra - my skin likes this a lot. Great post shave feel. Eboracum is fantastic as well.

Hants Wool Fat - I think this particular soap might be one of the most underrated shaving soaps around. I think some of the tallow funk comes through at times, but it's a fantastic lather.

As the month draws to a close, I'm looking at my soaps and decided upon pulling out something I've had stashed at the back of the cupboard (see tonight's SOTD) and the BeeClean Peppermint soap I found whilst rapeseed oil was at the front of my mind for some reason or other. That soap, funnily enough, also contains sheep milk so it will be seeing some more action next month for Milky May.

It's been a lot of fun! Thanks @donnie_arko for the idea.

Back
Top Bottom