Are Ikons really that good?

Canuck said:
Father Ted: Is that a rusty top plate I see there? Just close to the screw thread area?
It was from the blade. I dont know if its electrolytic reaction or what, but Yellow blades reacted badly with that first iKon (I havent tried them in this one yet) - all others were fine.

My Buy or not Buy Gage is the price of gasoline . If something costs More than a Tank; I consider all the pros and cons. If it's Less than the cost of a Tank ... Go for it!!!
You're just p...ing it away one way or the other!

Just to add my few penn'orth...

I have an open comb iKon Bulldog and it's a great razor. I think it was worth the money I paid for it at the time (about £60), but I don't think it's woth the money that they sometimes go for now. If I'm honest, I prefer my Feather AS-D1, which cost about £120 at the time I got that.

If you're after a small-volume production stainless razor, you could do a lot worse than try the Weber razor. I have one and have been using it pretty much exclusively for the last few weeks - it cost about £42 including postage from the US to the UK. There was a minor flaw in the head of the razor I received, but a quick email to Ed at Weber Razors had a new comb winging its way across the Atlantic to me. Weber's customer service is first-rate. It gives a nice close, easy shave - great for work-day mornings when I want a quick, easy-going shave to ease me into the day.

I ought to get the iKon out for a play though...

MandoBear said:
Just to add my few penn'orth...

I have an open comb iKon Bulldog and it's a great razor. I think it was worth the money I paid for it at the time (about £60), but I don't think it's woth the money that they sometimes go for now. If I'm honest, I prefer my Feather AS-D1, which cost about £120 at the time I got that.

If you're after a small-volume production stainless razor, you could do a lot worse than try the Weber razor. I have one and have been using it pretty much exclusively for the last few weeks - it cost about £42 including postage from the US to the UK. There was a minor flaw in the head of the razor I received, but a quick email to Ed at Weber Razors had a new comb winging its way across the Atlantic to me. Weber's customer service is first-rate. It gives a nice close, easy shave - great for work-day mornings when I want a quick, easy-going shave to ease me into the day.

I ought to get the iKon out for a play though...

Forgive the question, but I thought that weber used Merkur heads. Is this true.

Regards

Jules

Julese34 said:
pedro083 said:
You can see from the base plate they are not made by merkur, has a different shape

Ta:icon_wink:

Weber's heads are superficially a bit like Merkur, but actually rather different, not just in geometry, but also because they're made of stainless steel and given a Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) coating, which makes them feel slightly slicker than anything I've experienced before.

Back
Top Bottom