April 2022 Acquisitions

Arrived today
[Item description] Similar Feather Style SS Straight Razor
Before I jump in and spend way too much on a feather shavette, thought I'd try something similar to see if it was that much better than the cheap Parker one I have been trying with each Sunday.

It looks fairly similar, comes apart and loads just like the vids I've seen for the feather on YouTube.
Bonus........The feather blade fits!
Sunday will be a run out for this, see if I am just as wary of beaching this into my face as I am with the Parker!

Attachments

• IMG_20220408_125427__01.jpg
    IMG_20220408_125427__01.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 9
Another Gillette Tech arrived this week

A nicer handle on this one. I it used for the 1st time yesterday after cleaning and much smoother than my old 20s brass Gillette.
View attachment 86641
Good catch! That model also comes with aluminium baseplate and handle for a lightweight affair.

You're starting to build up a nice collection :cool:

Looking at it it fills me with significant doubt but I'll give it a bash.
I had some Ariana & Evans Revolution soap which is their take on SpiceBomb and it was real nice. Everything the name might imply, I enjoyed using it. They must deserve an award for the most ridiculously ill-judged packaging ever. Carry-on safe! :LOL: Good luck with that. - I.

Viktor Rolf spicebomb EDT, Shave Gel and Balm
View attachment 86630
Found it for the same price with and without the Gel and Balm additions so thought why not. Anyone tried it? Looking at it it fills me with significant doubt but I'll give it a bash.
Yes, Spicebomb is great, you don't need much but that's never stopped me! :)

Paul.

I had some Ariana & Evans Revolution soap which is their take on SpiceBomb and it was real nice. Everything the name might imply, I enjoyed using it. They must deserve an award for the most ridiculously ill-judged packaging ever. Carry-on safe! :LOL: Good luck with that. - I.
Just took a look at that one and realised I'd seen it before but glossed over it completely because of the artwork, really must be a case of don't judge a book by its cover.
Yes, Spicebomb is great, you don't need much but that's never stopped me! :)

Paul.
Lol nice one, I'd caught a whiff of it years ago and loved it. The bit that was filling me with dread was the 'non-foaming' shave cream (I'd mistakenly called it a gel). Gave it a go though and actually not too bad, it would do in a pinch.

MARS anthracite here, too - DE version (wish I'd not been tight and had got the AC version as well). A cinch to assemble - loaded with half a vintage Wilkie for my next shave: Sunday? Monday? - not too sure - I'm on leave ... :D
Don't think the AC version is available yet.....just the injector. I will certainly be in the queue when it does become available!

Back
Top Bottom