April 2021 Acquisitions

Any info appreciated, CAN PAT MAR 7.05 embossed on handle.
View attachment 68988View attachment 68991View attachment 68990View attachment 68989

Cheers T
Is there anything on the barrel? Found a thread on badger and blade that seemed to discuss this type in 2012 (possibly, I might be on completely the wrong line though). They seemed to have been collecting serial numbers to work out timelines:

Old Type Serial Numbers​

The Montreal plant began low-volume production ca. 1906-04-??, increasing through 1907. Early orders included Pocket Edition sets, some of which are still extant. During WWI most or all of the razors produced for European sale were made in Canada.The serial numbers for known Canadian razors are somewhat spotty and even contradictory. It appears that they sometimes used numbers alone and sometimes used "C" or "PC" as prefixes. While this data does not yet allow us to place a given razor in a given production year, we hope that one day it will. To this end we try to classify each razor as closely as possible.

"One estimate is that the Montreal plant made "no more than a few thousand razors in 1906, and then maybe crossed into the 5-digits in 1907. If we assume that the plant was operating at that same production rate six days a week for the entire year, they'd have been turning out somewhere between 20,000 and 25,000 razors a year."

I don't thing enough is known to be able to date anything, but I know that US Gillette Double and Single Rings were predominately Silver plated with only a few in Gold, the nickel plating didn't start until the mid teens, the Canadians may have been the same.

It's a nickel plated Single Ring, but I'm not up to speed on Canadian date codes, but it's pre 1921 for sure.

Incredible shavers! (y)
Thanks @TobyC , it came with 2 ebony handled brushes, a brush and soap stick holder, the mini brush is made of either bone or ivory (not sure how to tell).
It's exactly like this set,Screenshot_20210429-214823_Photos.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom