April 2020 Acquisitions.

Hi Shubs, it's a very small glue bump. Initial probing suggests it's under 5mm. It's also denser than the G4 brushes I have but not quite as soft. Definitely brings something unique to the party. I'm looking forward to using it.

Thanks for the reply Chris and for the info, that's quite a low glue bump and it being denser could prevent it from being floppy (I have a Yaqi synth with a low glue bump that is definitely on the floppy side of things).

Hope you enjoy using your new brush though!

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Super efficient service and delivery from the excellent Connaught Shaving. My interest in straights has increased over the past few months and was toying with the idea of getting a shave ready straight along with the basic things to keep it refreshed and useable. I decided to get this Feather Artist Club Shavette to see if it was for me and perhaps if I enjoy it, in the future I could possibly buy a shave ready straight from one of the honemeisters on the forum. This is my first DR Harris product and the Arlington smells very nice and fresh, great for the summer months. I also got a sample of the Windsor aftershave which I have to say smells absolutely stunning, what a great scent. Looking forward to seeing how they perform.

Acqua di Parma Colonia aftershave. My skin didn't tolerate it before, but in my insanity I am trying it again.
tIrubqh.jpg

208340BD-71DC-4667-A39B-F283CB5D70FB.jpeg
De Hamel's book was inspired (not for the first time) by Iain @Digimonkey who seems to be able to tap into my literary by-waters, from time to time.

Kwaidan is a ‘portmanteau' of Japanese ghost stories directed by Masaki Kobayashi in the mid 1960s. I think the Japanese do existentialist dread very well; especially in terms of visuals. I feel that some of Kobayashi's elements may have influenced films such as Ringu and the Ju-on series.

I bought this and the 3000/8000 stone set that they sell with it, along with the strop.

A great looking piece made by KWB in Kent for Barbarossa Borthers, who sell this, the whetstone and strop, along with creams, soaps, oils and balms etc.

Attachments

• 1DDC36A5-AA8D-4970-BC70-D647A795E4EB.jpeg
    1DDC36A5-AA8D-4970-BC70-D647A795E4EB.jpeg
    48 KB · Views: 14
Screenshot_20200430_181242_com.ebay.mobile.jpgScreenshot_20200430_181234_com.ebay.mobile.jpgScreenshot_20200430_181250_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
A Star model 100 from US and A.
Received it a few weeks back but hadn't taken a photo of it.
Nice razor to look at but an absolute joy to shave with! Mild yet efficient when paired with a Gillette Platinum blade.
This will be my razor for work when I'm in a rush after cycling in!
I'm such a convert and fan of vintage razors now, so much so I've ordered another Star and a Gillette adjustable.
Happy shaving everyone

IMG_20200430_173309.jpgIMG_20200430_173250.jpgIMG_20200430_173208.jpg

And here is the Star I got from Ebay UK today. Came in metal case with a blade holder (both need to be cleaned).
It differs from the USA one above in colour, but also says "Made in England" on baseplate, and has Star etched onto top cap. So, I'm not sure if it may be a bit of a Star Frankenrazor, but main thing is it Shaves smoothly.
Photo of the WSP soap is because I didn't put a photo in today's SOTD. Excellent performer by the way.

Today is 1st of May but I bought 3 razors and upgraded another, also topped up my stock of blades in April. I had not bought anything in the last 18 months.

I added a Rockwell 6C simply because I don't like the colour of my 6S although I love it as a razor.

I added the Razorock Game Changer 0.84 after reading good things about it. I don't particularly like the handle though ( Super knurl) so I ordered a new handle.

Upgraded the Muhle Rocca R96's head to the latest version V4 and I believe this razor does everything that I need from a razor, so much so that I also purchased the Rocca R95. I believe my RAD is now cured :)

As far as I feel right now, the chased for the perfect razor or the perfect shave has come to an end. There's nothing else I desire anymore, I'm on the lookout for an ATT R1 base plate but that's more to do with completing a collection.

I'm a very happy bunny :)

Back
Top Bottom