April 2020 Acquisitions.

A Defender cartridge razor. I'm going to give it a try once, and if it shaves reasonably well, I'll use it for travel once we can go on trips again.
FMYAj3a.jpg

IMG_20200420_143452.jpgIMG_20200420_143439.jpgIMG_20200420_143432.jpg
After acquiring my Gillette SS Flare Tip birth year razor a few weeks back, I knew after the first shave I was smitten with these vintage razors. So, I managed to snag this 1956 Ball End Tech. Amazed at how delicate and ornate it is. Bordering on beautiful. Came with 5 Blue blades and cars. Looking forward to shaving with it.

View attachment 53729View attachment 53730View attachment 53731
After acquiring my Gillette SS Flare Tip birth year razor a few weeks back, I knew after the first shave I was smitten with these vintage razors. So, I managed to snag this 1956 Ball End Tech. Amazed at how delicate and ornate it is. Bordering on beautiful. Came with 5 Blue blades and cars. Looking forward to shaving with it.
How do you know the year of your Tech. I've got one with no date stamp on it, I assumed they were all like that.

How do you know the year of your Tech. I've got one with no date stamp on it, I assumed they were all like that.
Hi Natjag,
You are absolutely right. I thought it was listed as 1956, but going back it isn't. It seems I got 1956 from looking at the Mr Razor website when looking at various Tech's at the time, and the site had a Tech with identical blades, card and case and THAT razor was dated 1956. But my razor has no date code whatsoever.
So in response, I am a buffoon and have no idea what year my Tech is. Lol.
But I'm gonna have my first shave with it later.

Hi Natjag,
You are absolutely right. I thought it was listed as 1956, but going back it isn't. It seems I got 1956 from looking at the Mr Razor website when looking at various Tech's at the time, and the site had a Tech with identical blades, card and case and THAT razor was dated 1956. But my razor has no date code whatsoever.
So in response, I am a buffoon and have no idea what year my Tech is. Lol.
But I'm gonna have my first shave with it later.
That's a shame, I was hoping you could enlighten me with some info on mine.

Today's delivery from Shaving Station. RazoRock XXX as I love the ASL, TGS ASL and the Simpson's Trafalgar T3 brush which seems a good brush on first inspection

View attachment 53876

Alright there Chris, what's the glue bump like on the Simpson brush.

I saw a while back on another thread you have a Frank Shaving Gen4/G4 fibre brush. How do those fibres compare to the ones which are commonplace eg Yaqi?

Another great haul though, the Amber Fougere sounds like another cracker. Hope you enjoy them all.

Alright there Chris, what's the glue bump like on the Simpson brush.

I saw a while back on another thread you have a Frank Shaving Gen4/G4 fibre brush. How do those fibres compare to the ones which are commonplace eg Yaqi?

Another great haul though, the Amber Fougere sounds like another cracker. Hope you enjoy them all.
Hi Shubs, it's a very small glue bump. Initial probing suggests it's under 5mm. It's also denser than the G4 brushes I have but not quite as soft. Definitely brings something unique to the party. I'm looking forward to using it.

Back
Top Bottom