April 2018 Acquisitions

Mike's Natural Barbershop
Mike's Orange Cedarwood Black Pepper
78d2d0c98172a8da41861647d2079af3.jpg

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Juan - After a good clean, rinse, and dry, I apply one small drop to the centre spindle, and half a drop to the adjustment ring if the razor is adjustable. I then gently work the mechanisms through a cycle or two to distribute the oil.

Thanks. Glad to know.. I've never ever dared to use any kind of oil in my vintage razors... Kind of magical fear!

Thanks. Glad to know.. I've never ever dared to use any kind of oil in my vintage razors... Kind of magical fear!

I hear you - certainly not compulsory. I find that fine machine oil is ideal - doesn't gum up or break down. The trick is to only add a tiny amount. The sewing machine bottles such as this are just the job, as they have a precision tip.

You can use light oil safely on razors, not to worry. WAHL clipper oil, Bisley gun oil, Balistol are good as well addition to the oil mentioned, in worst case scenario you can use Baby oil as well.

Excellent post, @Sezer1974.
Agree 100%. I have Ballistol and it's great stuff - I just find the scent a little strong for razor use. [emoji3]
Now - a .243 Sako bolt action? Perfect!

Back
Top Bottom