Anyone tried Wilkinson soap in a tub recently?

I use it have done for about 2 years. Its consistent if that makes sense? its not great, but its easy to use no real effort to get a usable lather. Tesco sell it for a couple of pounds a tub, given what it costs its not a bad buy.

i gave it to my son, he's 17 & his beard is still soft so he tolerates it.... it was a true sin & could have put him off wet shaving for life, would have been cheaper to buy him some tweezers, ouch!

I like it I use it everyday as my daily then use the good stuff at weekends :). I find it's cheap for a daily shave and it's easy to lather so great for the mornings when I'm off to work.

This is the blue tub we are talking about isn't it? I'm amazed at the number of negative comments I nearly started a post saying how impressed I was with it!

hunnymonster said:
I used it just this morning - bastard of a tight screw into some beech and didn't want to twist the head off the screw (again) :)

ive still got a tub that has remained unused since i got tabac in jully

if i run out ill nip to the shop and buy more palm olive.

got morrisons,aldi,lidel,Salisbury's and a couple chemists withing walking distance

i dont think there is any danger ill have to go back to the wilkinsons

didn't they use to sell it in a black tub with a green label years ago ? i remember my dad using it.... i wonder if that is the same soap formulation / type as sold now though, as that is total turd in a tin !

Terrible, terrible stuff. I cannot find words to describe just how far short this "soap" falls of every other shaving soap I've ever tried, in every possible way.

Honestly, you couldn't pay me to take the stuff off your hands - I value the space in my bin more highly than that.

I would probably buy it for the container more than anything, and squirt creams in it. That way I can keep better track of how much is left. I would use the soap for showering with. But I do feel tempted to get some, at £2 a tub.

Around 20 years ago I did use the black bowl soap, WS Classic razor, WS brush, and WS blade to shave with, but I found shaving cream a lot better.

I had one of these before my eyes were opened to a myriad of wonderful products.

It wasn't all bad scent wise, but knowing what I know now, performance not great.

Still, if I were in a position where I was without any gear and this and Arko were the only products on the shelf, I'd go with the blue bowl every time.

Real crap. I have tried about 20-25 different soaps in my shaving life, and this is by faaaar the worst of them!:icon_mad:

How can fabulous(not the scent...) Arko be mentioned in the same sentence as this awful excuse of a soap???:icon_cry2:

Granted its not the best soap in the world but what do you people expect for the price? I personally don't think its that bad and it is hell of a lot better than a stick of erasmic. Its a budget soap and so should really only be compared to other budget soaps. Not the best, not the worst.

hunnymonster said:
Compared to the 4 Palmolive sticks you can buy for the same price, it's pish though. Compared to the Wilkinson Sword stick you can buy, it's pish.

I think a 4oz wedge of edam would work better actually...

i have a feeling that the bottle of 3 in one oil on my desk would work better than wilkinsons. (ill try it tomorrow, bring on the burn)

Back
Top Bottom