Anyone tried Wilkinson soap in a tub recently?

This is being advertized on the Bay for 2.49 GBP. Offered from a Mrs Pharmacy, Rushden UK. Seems like a deal, but the post man steals the profits (5 GBP). Wondering about it since I first noticed the offereing. I haven't seen it in SOTD since I joined 30 July. Thanks in advance, Robert

Attachments

• Wilkinsons Shaving Soap.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 263
NO.

I have been sampling a number of soaps (though not nearly as many as some on here, obv.). It's pretty poor, tbh. Poor lather, poor scent… I reckon you'd fair better with a bar of regular soap.

You're Stateside, right? There's almost certainly better in your local store. I'd take an Arko or Palmolive stick, or some of the cheap creams you can readily buy in the UK (Palmolive and Ingrams) over the that bowl of gunk.

Mebbe I am missing something, but it's the worst stuff I have tried to date…

Lipsy.

Well - I tried it about 18 months ago. It's still mostly here, doing sterling service in my toolbox for lubricating tight woodscrews.

As far as shaving soap goes, there are lots better products (Palmolive Stick, Palmolive Cream, Boots Shaving Soap, Boots Shaving Cream, Boots Shaving Stick, etc) available for the same/less money that perform magnitudes better.

If you want to try it, PM me your address and I'll chuck one in the post (I'll send it surface in the hope that it reduces the "perfume" in transit before you get it, and so you don't know when it's going to land :lol: )

Not me, but I suspect you won't get many favourable opinions. Way back when, I tried to PIF one of these and raised quite a few laughs... :oops:

(surprise surprise, new HM would comment! :D )

Actually, I would rather go out and buy a kitten and let it lick the fuzz off my face than use that stuff again.

I have an Erasmic brush and a tub of that stuff – I thought about giving the brush and soap away as a PIF, but a) I feared that I would be laughed at (turns out that was I was right), and b) I'm not sure that I would wish the soap on anyone – it might put them off.

Lipsy

Copy all. The Wilky Stick I got from Blyth is grand for lathering, but Erasmic my favorite soap or cream for the work week, and Palmolive in the guest room. Never saw this tub before until eBay; not on the internet stores etc. And now, after hearing from you, I understand why! Thanks, Robert

Robert Otten said:
Copy all. The Wilky Stick I got from Blyth is grand for lathering, but Erasmic my favorite soap or cream for the work week, and Palmolive in the guest room. Never saw this tub before until eBay; not on the internet stores etc. And now, after hearing from you, I understand why! Thanks, Robert

Yes, Robert, the sticks are great but the bowls are truly dreadful...no idea why.

:s

Blyth Spirit said:
Yes, Robert, the sticks are great but the bowls are truly dreadful...no idea why.
:s

Its certainly not the worst ever soap at all, i managed with it for a year before i discovered other stuff, the worst has to be that Arko stuff it stinks rotten :icon_rolleyes:

Mitchells is damm good and i love Palmolive green original and thats cheap as chips.

Arko doesn't smell great but performance is excellent and it's cheap. I would take Palmolive though any day - cheap, smells ok, lathers well, readily available...

The WS soap is what I started out on and it has the lather consistency of washing up liquid!

I called in to see one of my brothers today. In his bathroom, lounging next to his brush on a shelf, was a bowl of this stuff.
I slowly closed the door and said nothing. He's my big brother so can look after himself!

My mother's boyfriend uses the blue bowl stuff and he asked her for some more for Christmas - so she asked me to get him something a little better :). Deciding between Trumper or Harris almond, probably the former as the bowl width is better and both seem to lather very nicely.

Back
Top Bottom