Anyone any experience of CJB Kamisori razors?

My second shave with this was a bit better than the first , gave it zero pressure and had it virtually flat to my face , thought I was going to make it this time with no claret but the bottom of my chin let me down.
Anyway did three passes this time ,wtg/wtg and got brave and did a xtg.
Getting the hang of it but it's being to be a slow learning as I'm only going to give it a go at the weekend.
Dread to think what the pro and super blades are like because even behind a mesh the proguards are unforgiving you just don't cut yourself too deep with them.

leemk said:
My second shave with this was a bit better than the first , gave it zero pressure and had it virtually flat to my face , thought I was going to make it this time with no claret but the bottom of my chin let me down.
Anyway did three passes this time ,wtg/wtg and got brave and did a xtg.
Getting the hang of it but it's being to be a slow learning as I'm only going to give it a go at the weekend.
Dread to think what the pro and super blades are like because even behind a mesh the proguards are unforgiving you just don't cut yourself too deep with them.

if you are used to a shavvete then you shouldn't cut yourself, i will admit it does feel a little odd in the hand using a non-folding straight razor when im used to using a westen style razor but for me it seems easier/satisfying to use.

i think ive started on the slipery slope off wanting to try a proper kamisori

Same as shanky for me, I started out with a shavette then moved on to a vintage straight.

First attempt with the CJb and a super pro blade and not a single cut.

Used it this morning problem-free, but then I'm used to honed straights and Artist Clubs. Slightly weird, in a good way, because one's holding a handle rather than a tang, but shaves exactly like an RG as far as I could see, and the beautiful injector blade dispensary works with this head too :). I used a Pro blade.

I seem to remember Vinny describing the Feather system as the single most efficient hair-removal system in the world, probably rightly, and when you can get the tool for thirty quid and a year's worth of blades (easily) for under twenty quid last I looked, well, what's not to like?

Dr Rick said:
Used it this morning problem-free, but then I'm used to honed straights and Artist Clubs. Slightly weird, in a good way, because one's holding a handle rather than a tang, but shaves exactly like an RG as far as I could see, and the beautiful injector blade dispensary works with this head too :). I used a Pro blade.

I seem to remember Vinny describing the Feather system as the single most efficient hair-removal system in the world, probably rightly, and when you can get the tool for thirty quid and a year's worth of blades (easily) for under twenty quid last I looked, well, what's not to like?

Glad to hear you liked it :)

Order update :)

Tall_Paul & Tony.T your razors just got delivered to me at 4.50pm.

Will get in the post to you first thing tomorrow.

The remaining few waiting for their orders, should be here by Thursday hopefully. Will keep you all updated :)

markj113 said:

The remaining few waiting for their orders, should be here by Thursday hopefully. Will keep you all updated :)

Brave Pills being taken at regular intervals from now! :icon_razz:

markj113 said:

Looking forward to trying this :)

Mine arrived this morning- thanks Mark!

1st thought- isn't it tiny? Don't know why but I Was expecting something about 50% bigger.

I'm going to practise with it for a couple of days with no blade in it, then try it for real on Saturday. I've got some proguard bldes for safety.

Remaining razors arrived today but wont have a chance to ship until Saturday as im currently stuck in Hinckley, about a 4 hr drive from my home having to present to a room of 250 people inc. company directors and all the top brass.

arse is going lol

markj113 said:
Remaining razors arrived today but wont have a chance to ship until Saturday as im currently stuck in Hinckley, about a 4 hr drive from my home having to present to a room of 250 people inc. company directors and all the top brass.

arse is going lol

Back home from work last night and remaing razors now posted out with tracking info sent by pm.

looking forward to some more reviews :)

Ive also just placed another order for some more razors and a pack of the CJB blades. Be nice if the CJB blades shave as well as the feathers as they are 1/3 of the price.

Ok for all you guys that have purchased one of these.
I read further back through the thread that it would be an easy job to turn one of these into a folding razor, pull the handle off and fit a set of scales. The question is is the razor the same size as a straight and would a standard set of scales from invisible edge or the like fit straight on, or would they have to be hand made to fit.

Dont have the answer to all those questions myself yet although several people have converted them to a folder.

Ive order a few extra razors to keep for myself this time around and will convert one to a folder. Ill try and make a "how to guide" as I go if all goes to plan.

I am watching this thread avidly.

If there are alternative blades that work, then with the money I'll save buying blades for my folding AC, I'll buy one of these Japanese style razors.

I thought I was limited to feather blades only

cruciate said:
I am watching this thread avidly.

If there are alternative blades that work, then with the money I'll save buying blades for my folding AC, I'll buy one of these Japanese style razors.

I thought I was limited to feather blades only

Any of the feather blades fit, dorco blades, kai blades, Samsung do blades that fit and also CJB do their own feather injector style blades too that are very cheap (about to try these out and will feedback)

Back
Top Bottom