Anyone any experience of CJB Kamisori razors?

I include a Feather Artist Super Pro blade to get you started :)

pretty much the sharpest of the sharp blades you can get.

Btw, is there a blade included? If not, what would you recommend, and where's the best place to buy?
[/quote]

markj113 said:
I include a Feather Artist Super Pro blade to get you started :)

pretty much the sharpest of the sharp blades you can get.

Mark, I wrote a review on all 4 types of Feather SE blades after using them in a Cobra. My feeling was that the Super Pro blade was very difficult for a newcomer to handle so I recommended the Proguard for anyone who had not used Feather before. I would imagine that the amount of additional blade exposure , compared to the others, is just as great in the razors you are selling - that's where the problem is, it's not a case of them being any sharper than the others.

I am fairly used to using a straight now so made the jump across the feather super pro's quite easy. You are right though the super pro's do have the most blade expose and if you are a newbie it may be worth getting some proguard blades.

I've also got some CJB blades on the way, they come in the same style dispenser as the feather blades but cost around 1/3 of the price so will be interesting to see how they shave.

Dr Rick, your batch of razors arrived today and I have posted to you by first class recorded.

tracking number sent to you by pm :)

Any feedback appreciated in this thread.

markj113 said:
I am fairly used to using a straight now so made the jump across the feather super pro's quite easy. You are right though the super pro's do have the most blade expose and if you are a newbie it may be worth getting some proguard blades.

I've also got some CJB blades on the way, they come in the same style dispenser as the feather blades but cost around 1/3 of the price so will be interesting to see how they shave.

I'd be really interested in trying some of those blades

Tony.T said:
Mark- if you've got them could I have a CJB blade instead of the feather when you post out my Razor?

Wont have any individual blades, just sold 2 whole packs.

I will ask those that purchased them to give some feedback, if they are any good ill get some extra packs next time around

markj113 said:
Tony.T said:
Mark- if you've got them could I have a CJB blade instead of the feather when you post out my Razor?

I will ask those that purchased them to give some feedback, if they are any good ill get some extra packs next time around

do any injector blades fit?

e.g. shieck injector blades or?

No idea on the shick blades.

But feather blades, dorco blades etc fit fine.

If the shick blades are cross compatible with either of those they should be fine and looking at a pic of them on google I would say they should be ok but cant guarantee it.

markj113 said:
Tony.T said:

Ok Mate- no problems- wouldn't mind a sample to test though at some point!

Maybe ill put together a blade sample pack,

Got some Feather Artist Super Pro blades,

can also get the

CJB blades - £6 for 20
Samsung blades - £7 for 20

No idea at the moment how the above two shave.

Arrived yesterday, collected today - exactly on time, well packaged, as described etc (as with everything else I've ever bought on tsr, actually). It feels good in the hand but odd - doubtless as I've never used a non-folder. I shall try it tomorrow or tonight, need to decide whether to use my usual Pro or play safe with the different tool and break out a guard...

The finishing is not comparable to a Feather on either handle or holder (I have two RGs), but the fit and form looks to be. And that's fine, because the price isn't comparable either! I would likely never have bought a none-folding Feather, too much cash for a whim, but for thirty of your Earth pounds it's a different story.

Dr Rick said:
Arrived yesterday, collected today - exactly on time, well packaged, as described etc (as with everything else I've ever bought on tsr, actually). It feels good in the hand but odd - doubtless as I've never used a non-folder. I shall try it tomorrow or tonight, need to decide whether to use my usual Pro or play safe with the different tool and break out a guard...

The finishing is not comparable to a Feather on either handle or holder (I have two RGs), but the fit and form looks to be. And that's fine, because the price isn't comparable either! I would likely never have bought a none-folding Feather, too much cash for a whim, but for thirty of your Earth pounds it's a different story.

Thanks for the review, looking forward to the upcoming "how it shaves" one.

Back
Top Bottom