Any suggestions for artisan soap makers in Europe?

Hi Everyone!

Any suggestions for artisan soap makers in Europe? Thanks to this forum I have already found Phoenix and Beau and of course, I ordered a Spitfire immediately! :) Would be nice to know about others also. USA has tons of soap makers, ordered some from there already, but I am hoping to find more in Europe also and maybe even from other parts of our big World.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Gabor

Hi Everyone!

Any suggestions for artisan soap makers in Europe? Thanks to this forum I have already found Phoenix and Beau and of course, I ordered a Spitfire immediately! :) Would be nice to know about others also. USA has tons of soap makers, ordered some from there already, but I am hoping to find more in Europe also and maybe even from other parts of our big World.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Gabor
Don’t Forget Your Very Own
Fitjar Islands

The Spaniards take shaving seriously and several artisans there seem to fly under the radar. Language barrier I'm sure.

Los Jabones de Joserra. They are available in the USA....................but for $34.99!! :eek::oops: No idea what they cost in Europe.

Another is: https://www.instagram.com/lodrinoshavingsoaps/?hl=en

If I were in your shoes I would explore the Spanish soaps, after the British ones of course. Or, if you're like Mike Smart put your wife on a "redeye" to Madrid with a suitcase full of cash and let her shop for you! :D:p;)

The Spaniards take shaving seriously and several artisans there seem to fly under the radar. Language barrier I'm sure.

Los Jabones de Joserra. They are available in the USA....................but for $34.99!! :eek::oops: No idea what they cost in Europe.

Another is: https://www.instagram.com/lodrinoshavingsoaps/?hl=en

If I were in your shoes I would explore the Spanish soaps, after the British ones of course. Or, if you're like Mike Smart put your wife on a "redeye" to Madrid with a suitcase full of cash and let her shop for you! :D:p;)
She had a red eye after i was finished with her ;)

I have never actually used this soap myself but it gets a lot of love around these parts - and that is a tough crowd to please. ;)
It certainly fits the description of being European and artisan - cheers - I.

It’s incredibly good value too, and leaves your face feeling better than when you started the shave!

Top tip for Hampshire, is to buy yourself a Gü pud and keep the ramekin glass. (other ramekin-based puds are available!) She posts those little 50g puckettes wrapped in clingfilm inside a padded envelope. The soap is slightly soft like those chewy cookies so it can easily be squidged into a ramekin. Makes it a lot easier to store and to load.

I really like the one with May Chang, I think it's #3.

Some of these are lanolin based, I heard that these can be a little allergic to sensitiv skin, and as far as I have experienced so far, mine seems to be a little more on the sensitiv side. Not total sensitiv, but probalby can't use everything on it.

Yes, my skin is pretty tolerant so I like the lanolin of "Hampshire Wool Fat" (as it gets called round here, but not by Ratna herself...)

The only soap I've suspected of irritating me so far is Extro Cosmesi Arancia. Not sure if it's the base or the citrus, but I'm sad about it cos it smells divine. I'll probably carry on using it anyway as I like it so much, maybe it was the shave that day. There are lots of "vegan" bases now which perform well.

Back
Top Bottom