Another new guy

Halo and welcome! (can you see what I did there?)

I'd second the purchase of a sample pack of blades from Connaught. Just don't try to keep changing things, otherwise you'll just end up by confusing yourself.
Stick with one blade for a couple of weeks until you've developed some sort of technique.

You'll pick up lots of helpful advice on here, and you've picked an excellent razor to start with.

Regards

Ian

Would your member name be anything to do with a certain Xbox game? Just asking…

Welcome fella – I'm pretty new here, but the guys are real friendly.

You've picked a great razor – I bought the same one recently, and I'm loving it. Defo get a Connaught sampler pack, but try to resist the temptation to swap and change blades – my neck can attest to the fact that it's not a great idea. That said, I was really surprised how much difference it makes (Astra Plats seem a million times better than Derbys to me).

Moreover, enjoy – I am only a few weeks in (and somewhat lighter in pocket), but I wouldn't go back and I am finally enjoying shaving for the first time since I convinced myself that the bum fluff on my face really was stubble.

Lipsy

Thanks guys that video was a great find. My tendskin arrived today, if I had seen this earlier I may not of bought the tendskin.

My game tag halo1234 is believe it or not pre Halo the game by around 3 years. It's a type of parachute jump

Hi & Welcome Halo. Very nice razor you bought, I doubt that you'll "outgrow" it as you go along. I've got the Muehle version which has the same head and I just don't know how they manage so much razor at that price.

Yes dermot ...................... I SAW WHAT YOU DID !!! (I also noticed that you made a play on Halo's screenie name).

JohnnyO. \ :lol:

I've shaved twice with the DE now. Admittedly the 1st attempt took 25mins! However the 2nd time around took 10mins with only 1 nick. Much better results & my skin condition after the shave is the best it's ever been.

Ive got a pack of Wilkinson's so will order a tester pack & see if theres any improvement.

Thinking back I'm sure I had to shave with a DE when I first signed up, in the dark, without a mirror, when I was 16. Luckily for me i had little facial hair then so must of looked ok.

Thanks again

glad to see things have improved ;)

they usually teach you to shave first thing in the morning as well which is the worst time to do it :roll:

Hi there Halo.........friendly word of advice , keep your hand on your wallet because it has entered the death zone................... :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom