Another new guy

Thought I would register & say hi since I found this forum a fantastic resource of info.

Been having a hard time with ingrowing hairs, for the past 2 years & the general pain of shaving. On the advice of a friend my DE bits have just arrived in the post.

In the end I went for a Mach....no sorry

Edwin Jagger DE89L & best badger brush.
My GF has just bought me a Palmolive stick RS shaving cream

Now like a tit I didn't buy any blades, thought I would get at least one with the DE89L. So I'm going to nip to a supermarket & buy some Wilkinson blades, not ideal but I want to try whilst I have more time at the weekend.

Welcome along mate. Thats a good razor you've got and the RS cream is good.

It might be worth checking the Tesco own brand/Boots/Asda Personna blades as well as the wilkinson sword one.

Ones to stay away from are Laser blades from Wilkinson stores.

I'll also be the first to say what we all know is coming.

Go to <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.connaughtshaving.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.connaughtshaving.com</a><!-- w --> and buy the largest blade sampler you can afford. That will give you a true taste of whats available.

Hi Halo. You'll find lots of useful advice and a friendly bunch of people here. Best of luck with your first shave. Just take it slowly and try not to apply pressure and you'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom