Another convert,, :)

Hi... my name is Chivalry... and im addicted to shaving... right.. ive said it... no more denial... lol

well.. i say "addicted".. but compared to 3 weeks ago when i was lucky if i shaved once a week due to the pain on my neck the following day... i have now managed to shave every day for the last 14 days and for the last 9 or 10 have been completly pain free... its a miracle!.. :) .......... im even looking forward to my evening shave?? what the hell is that about... enjoy SHAVING???

It started after stumbling across a growing thread over on the DVDforums about wetshaving... something i just always assumed involved the latest 19 bladed monstrosity gillette had released and copious amounts of pain.... how wrong i was..
I found out about this new fangled razor called a safety razor, or "DE"... alot of people seemed to be switching to it and getting great results... but wait.... only 1 blade???? it will never catch on,,, ;)

So i jumped in feet first and spent around £80 on a Edwin Jagger crome lined razor and splashed out on a Kent BK4 silvertip (tis scrumptious soft!) and after a trip to poundland managed to bag 6 tubs of the RSC LTD edition shave cream,,,,, that should keep me going a while :) also some RSC aftershave balm... also reduced to a pound... a pound.. in poundland,,,, shocker i know.. :)

Started out with some derby blades and although no cuts ensued on the first shave... my face felt like i had spent 5 minutes on a cheese grater it felt so raw.. was told this is pretty normal as my face needs to adapt to the different type of shave a DE gives.. so i stuck with it... and true enough 3 days later the pain was almost gone... 5 days... and from then on... completely pain free (except for the Alum block.. but if that doesn't sting just a little i feel i haven't shaved close enough..lol)

Yesterday i changed from the derbys to the iridium super someone gave me to try and frankly im blown away... i didnt think the shave i was getting with a derby in 3 or 4 passes could get much better... the iridium is on another level of xhaving... it does in 2 passes what the derby was doing in 4... its truly astounding to me how good these blades are!! :)

The 1 thing thats annoying me..... is how the hell did i not know about this 20 years ago!!! :D

Hi

Welcome. Yours is such a typical story about a person who has found the pleasure of DE shaving. I too spent many years in the wilderness before seeking and finding the promised land!

Welcome Chivalry...can this pass time be evangelical? Maybe for some.

The bathroom is the new church, and DE shaving is a prayer.

Iridium's are super and Amen to that.

Back
Top Bottom