Another convert,, :)

Hi... my name is Chivalry... and im addicted to shaving... right.. ive said it... no more denial... lol

well.. i say "addicted".. but compared to 3 weeks ago when i was lucky if i shaved once a week due to the pain on my neck the following day... i have now managed to shave every day for the last 14 days and for the last 9 or 10 have been completly pain free... its a miracle!.. :) .......... im even looking forward to my evening shave?? what the hell is that about... enjoy SHAVING???

It started after stumbling across a growing thread over on the DVDforums about wetshaving... something i just always assumed involved the latest 19 bladed monstrosity gillette had released and copious amounts of pain.... how wrong i was..
I found out about this new fangled razor called a safety razor, or "DE"... alot of people seemed to be switching to it and getting great results... but wait.... only 1 blade???? it will never catch on,,, ;)

So i jumped in feet first and spent around £80 on a Edwin Jagger crome lined razor and splashed out on a Kent BK4 silvertip (tis scrumptious soft!) and after a trip to poundland managed to bag 6 tubs of the RSC LTD edition shave cream,,,,, that should keep me going a while :) also some RSC aftershave balm... also reduced to a pound... a pound.. in poundland,,,, shocker i know.. :)

Started out with some derby blades and although no cuts ensued on the first shave... my face felt like i had spent 5 minutes on a cheese grater it felt so raw.. was told this is pretty normal as my face needs to adapt to the different type of shave a DE gives.. so i stuck with it... and true enough 3 days later the pain was almost gone... 5 days... and from then on... completely pain free (except for the Alum block.. but if that doesn't sting just a little i feel i haven't shaved close enough..lol)

Yesterday i changed from the derbys to the iridium super someone gave me to try and frankly im blown away... i didnt think the shave i was getting with a derby in 3 or 4 passes could get much better... the iridium is on another level of xhaving... it does in 2 passes what the derby was doing in 4... its truly astounding to me how good these blades are!! :)

The 1 thing thats annoying me..... is how the hell did i not know about this 20 years ago!!! :D

Welcome Chivalry...can this pass time be evangelical? Maybe for some.

The bathroom is the new church, and DE shaving is a prayer.

Iridium's are super and Amen to that.

Back
Top Bottom