Andy Murray

Murray is going to choke like a chicken against Nadal.

Oh come on

Nadal....an iron will and instinct forged in the fires of his Catalan roots.

Murray....boiled sweet.

A lady friend of mine was chatting about tennis at lunch this week. She can't stand the Williams sisters because they have won too much. Djokovic bares his chest too much. Federer overdoes his fancy clothing on court. Nadal is too competitive and she's never liked Murray. So who do you want to win something, say I? Berdych. Why? He's got a nice smile.

I just love winners to go on winning and admire true greatness. It's good if it comes with style and decency but winning is what counts in the end. And when you think of what it takes to be the best, it's a miracle if any of them come across as normal human beings.

Unlike Fido I will watch only to hope to see the nations hopes disappear down a Spanish plug hole, but if it coincides with Brazil v Germany forget it.

Fido said:
I just love winners to go on winning and admire true greatness. It's good if it comes with style and decency but winning is what counts in the end. And when you think of what it takes to be the best, it's a miracle if any of them come across as normal human beings.

Well said. I agree.

Wimbledon and the World Cup pale into insignificance for me - my main interest is the Tour de France. Lots of people dislike Mark Cavendish because he can come across as arrogant/churlish/childish/a bit of a nob. But my sentiments are the same as yours Fido. He gets paid to win and he does that with style.

He also needs a good shave as well though - he has that same 2 weeks of patchy growth that Murray has that looks a filthy mess.

bean said:
Fido said:

Well said. I agree.

Wimbledon and the World Cup pale into insignificance for me - my main interest is the Tour de France. Lots of people dislike Mark Cavendish because he can come across as arrogant/churlish/childish/a bit of a nob. But my sentiments are the same as yours Fido. He gets paid to win and he does that with style.

He also needs a good shave as well though - he has that same 2 weeks of patchy growth that Murray has that looks a filthy mess.

I follow the Tour as well. When it moves into the critical mountain stages in the last week it gets truly thrilling. There were some sensational moments during the Lance Armstrong reign. And I love watching Cavendish. Amazing lad!

It's tough being a multi sports fan.

Must rush. Murray match has started.

Sco.jpg

:( :( :(

Back
Top Bottom