Alternate Razor plating thread?

missingskin said:
BlkKnight said:
Wrong Benny?

:dodgy::dodgy: Sort of guessed that but Dodgy will get the joke.......:icon_razz:

Oh oh, I might be missing something here. What, are there two Sir Benny's floating around?

Now that I think of it, I kinda remember you Limeys finally getting around to knighting Benjamin Franklin. Is that the other Sir Benny?

A hopeless Yankophile

dodgy said:
missingskin said:
BlkKnight said:
Wrong Benny?

:dodgy::dodgy: Sort of guessed that but Dodgy will get the joke.......:icon_razz:

Oh oh, I might be missing something here. What, are there two Sir Benny's floating around?

Now that I think of it, I kinda remember you Limeys finally getting around to knighting Benjamin Franklin. Is that the other Sir Benny?

A hopeless Yankophile

No, this guy:

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CJFoOSX1ok[/video].

sunburyboy93 said:
BlkKnight said:
Not sure who's bright idea it was to delete the thread - surely it'd have better to leave it up as public information

It was my bright idea !

i was getting PM's from members with problems with razors they had done, i dont want to be a go between with the plater and his customers so rather than get more problems as i recommended his services at first, i decided to delete MY post...

there were issues with the quality of the plating on certain types of razors, and a lack of understanding on how to remove lacquer etc before plating.

thanks
Steve

Did you delete the jewel thread as well:icon_rolleyes::D

pedro083 said:
Did you delete the jewel thread as well:icon_rolleyes::D

git !!!
NinjaKillingEmoticon.gif

Sorry that you feel that way. I, for one , felt that your experiences were very valuable. I have a razor that I was seriously thinking about sending out. After seeing the problems with doing that, I've kept it as a 'Shaver' and bought another a 'Saver'.
It prevented a lot of unnecessary heartache for me.

sunburyboy93 said:

So Steve.......nu? (said in my best Molly Pican yiddish voice),

I gotta agree with John's thoughts about having certain info to draw on, and how handy that can be. It's often times better having too much info rather than not enough, since things are easier to put together instead of having gaps. Gaps caused by an agenda, or other ways to slant things a certain way. You may sometimes see a new member rail against someone else for no real apparent reason and think it's odd for that type of over reaction. There's some kinda history there, more likely than not. I'd know whatever was up would be legit coming from someone like you.

I tend to pay attention when any well respected member has a problem like yours. Heh, if I remember, you were a tad pissed over the whole situation, which is what finally caused the post. I thought what resulted from the following posts was a positive thing overall. It was still very civil, and only starting to make that next jump on the less nice scale.....heh.

Do what you like buddy. Yeah, I have an opinion but that's just what works best for me. I'm not saying there's a need to post about much....depends on the subject I reckon.

Picker Marty

dodgy said:
I tend to pay attention when any well respected member has a problem like yours. Heh, if I remember, you were a tad pissed over the whole situation, which is what finally caused the post. I thought what resulted from the following posts was a positive thing overall. It was still very civil, and only starting to make that next jump on the less nice scale.....heh.

Do what you like buddy. Yeah, I have an opinion but that's just what works best for me. I'm not saying there's a need to post about much....depends on the subject I reckon.

Picker Marty

You're thinking of the wrong plater Martin. This particular thread is about a UK based plater that a few people had issues with recently.

I don't know how Steve's problem with the US plater worked out.

PS. I could have sent this by PM but in the interests of transparency didn't. ;)

Yeah this thread is about the UK plater that i recommended after a couple of pieces of work done for me, since then it seems the platers quality of work has gone down somewhat ....

the other post i did was about Razor Emporium and the issue i had with them, that was completely resolved in a very professional way and full credit to them for doing the right thing, the results of that plating job i will be able to show in a few days, but it has been well worth the wait..........:icon_razz:

Martin........you found me any vintage gillettes yet ???, get hunting boy....!

Steve :icon_razz::icon_razz:

Yellow Jim said:
You're thinking of the wrong plater Martin. This particular thread is about a UK based plater that a few people had issues with recently.

PS. I could have sent this by PM but in the interests of transparency didn't. ;)

Thanks for clearing that up for me Jim. Didn't realise Steve was a serial thread deleter...

As I've said many times before, that guy Steve is a chronic complainer with no basis for his rants.

Better?

Martin

dodgy said:
Yellow Jim said:

Thanks for clearing that up for me Jim. Didn't realise Steve was a serial thread deleter...

As I've said many times before, that guy Steve is a chronic complainer with no basis for his rants. Better?

Martin

grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom