Acquisitions - week Feb. 7th to 13th incl.

sunburyboy93 said:
Well after a bit of a buzz in the ultrasonic and a scrub and polish both these have come up really nicely, i especially like the 1930's one in the Bakelite box, i think Yellow jim is right it is one of these:

I am not looking at the New. They both look lovely, mind. :lol:

Lipsy

here are some "Head" shots (Pig Cat Calm Down, it's just Razor Pics :roll: :? :oops: )

c6910a28.jpg

67dc38d0.jpg

1c232e40.jpg

Just returned from visiting snowbound Iowa. All razors found within a 3 mile radius; off the beaten path in small farming towns. The boxed NOS SS FT cost $24. My 2221 arrived while I was away and I'll have a "run out" tonight with Cella. All the best to you guys, Robert

Attachments

• Iowa Shopping.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 67
I now have a Boots shaving soap stick.......................................And more importantly, a bowl of the Professors Formula 31 Sandalwood to try tomorrow :shave :D

Robert Otten said:
Just returned from visiting snowbound Iowa. All razors found within a 3 mile radius; off the beaten path in small farming towns. The boxed NOS SS FT cost $24. My 2221 arrived while I was away and I'll have a "run out" tonight with Cella. All the best to you guys, Robert

Hi Robert,

Some popular razors in that picture, and it's always nice to pay a very good price for em as well. Yeah, those out of the way kinds of places are the best hunting, if you can find anything.

I drove out from Chicago to Boulder for Christmas and stopped along the way myself. Matter of fact, there's an Iowa town called Walnut with big signs off Hwy 80 advertising tons of antiques. Sheeesh, I checked the stores in town and found about nada. Very sad really....heh.

I did luck into a few things in Lexington Iowa a while back though. Managed find a near mint 1949 second quarter superspeed with case and instructions. I can tell the date on this one because of the case design and also the date of the blade (U2)still in the razor. So close to my birthdate razor, mine being U3).

Congrats on your lucky day,

Martin

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention seeing The Soap Opera pucks in your picture. Man, the Himalaya is one of my very favorite shaving products.

Back
Top Bottom