Acquisitions wc Mon 14th - Sun 20th incl.

bean said:
From the sale section here:-
A Truefitt and Hill super badger brush (from valuer, was Fido's originally. Looks new despite being 3rd hand).
A butterscotch silvertip brush (from beejay, should arrive tomorrow. Is new!).
Some Caron EDT (from Vinny).
(Merkur Travel razor last week from another thoroughly nice chap Andy.)

ebay/local antique shops: -
A NOS '70s individual soup bowl with handle to use as a lathering bowl.
An Art Deco glass jar to use as a soap/cream container.
A '40s/'50s soap dish to use as another soap container.
100 Yellow 7 o'clocks.
120 Thai Super Thins.

Coles: -
Own brand soap puck
Ingrams cream

Body Shop Macca shave cream

Just starting out after buying my first DE (EJ 87) a couple of weeks ago so I needed a few supplies! I'm determined to keep a lid on things though. I've seen how out of control things can get on the 'My Shaving Den' thread on B&B! Two or three brushes, one or two razors, half a dozen soaps/creams at any one time and a selection of blades will do me. If I tell myself that enough times will it?

Ha,Ha, Welcome to the forum bean! With a start like that to your Traditional Wet Shaving career, you stand absolutely no chance at all, you poor thing! :D To say that you've hit the ground running is a gross understatement! That's an absolutely brilliant start, and you're in for a lot of fun and enjoyment. :lol:

spandex..

Picked some stuff up in the States over the last couple of weeks, whilst I was on my honeymoon. The wife wasn't too impressed with me going in to every Walgreens or pharmacy we passed.

4 x Aqua Velva ($5 each) - Read good things on here about it, all justified, absolutely fantastic stuff
2 x Williams mug shaving soap ($1 each) - Don't expect to much from this but at this price it was worth picking up a couple
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal Aftershave ($7) - Only used it the once so far, really can't make my mind up about it, the wife says it smells like fresh flowers, as if you can even smell the pollen. I'll give it a few more goes before I decide. It might end up on the sales thread here, or I may PIF some samples.
Art of Shaving Lavender shave cream ($22) - On the expensive side, but absolutely fantastic. By far the best cream I've tried so far in my limited experience (comparing to Proraso, Real Shave Company, TOBS St. James). Slick, protecting and with a great scent.
Kiss My Face Key Lime shave cream ($6) - not tried it yet, but it smells good.

Hurrah!

My Merkur 38C arrived this morning. Just as I was about to go for a shower and shave.

Ordered it from The Traditional Shaving Company on Sun 13th.

I paired it with a Gillette Super Thin blade. I've had these for a while but hadn't got around to trying them.

All in all excellent shave very impressed with the weight of the razor which effectively allows it to almost drive itself over my face!

3 Bottles of Thayers Witch Hazel

Original Aloe Vera, Medicated Superhazel and Witch Hazel Aftershave.

:hungrig

Just a tad over a week from order to door.

The 500 should last a tad over 4 years and yes I shave every day. I maybe skip a couple of days in the year but in the main it is every day and usually it is three shaves per blade regardless of cost. Sometimes I have pushed it a few extra shaves just for fun but it really is not worth it.

I currently have about a 60 year supply (roughly 7500 blades), some of them I may use for two shaves but most for three. Like HM I am going through the turmoil of deciding not so much which ones I hate, more the ones I like the least and intending on trimming back to my favourite favourites. I got my first sampler a few years ago and intended on working my way through it and then bulk buying the best ones, what happened was that by the time I got through the pack most of the ones I liked were out of production, eg. Gillette Silver Blues (Czech ones) Nacet (Again Czech made), Swedes, Polsilvers, Wilkinson Sword (UK ones) all gone. So now I buy a few packs and use that blade through a few different razors, if it passes that test I buy either 500 or a 1000.

Even some of the the soaps I liked have changed their formulation and/or scent so I do not take any chances these days. Buying in bulk at the right time and from the right market has allowed me to get slightly more for my money, so if I change my mind I can sell at a normal price and as long as I cover my costs and the postage I am happy. The way the interest rates have been over the last few years blades are a more stable currency :lol:

For instance when the currencies dip and you are one for one with euro and dollar I scoop some blades with a better exchange rate or get more blades for the same amount. Right now the share prices are shite butfor a while so was the pound so I sold some of US company share options and because the shares are in dollars with the one for one exchange rate I end up with the same amount (or slightly more) than I would if I waited till the market way more buoyant, in that case the pound goes up and you need more dollars to the pound.

Weird but true, I just keep a tally of what the cost of the item was at the time of purchase and this is the target to sell at, doesn't always work mind you, you win some you loose some.

A nice soap compendium from Andtad, I have never tired any of them before so got a few new things to try now. Thanks to Antdad and TSR, without this forum I doubt we would be able to exchange stuff so easily.

Audiolab said:
The 500 should last a tad over 4 years and yes I shave every day. I maybe skip a couple of days in the year but in the main it is every day and usually it is three shaves per blade regardless of cost. Sometimes I have pushed it a few extra shaves just for fun but it really is not worth it.

I currently have about a 60 year supply (roughly 7500 blades), some of them I may use for two shaves but most for three. Like HM I am going through the turmoil of deciding not so much which ones I hate, more the ones I like the least and intending on trimming back to my favourite favourites. I got my first sampler a few years ago and intended on working my way through it and then bulk buying the best ones, what happened was that by the time I got through the pack most of the ones I liked were out of production, eg. Gillette Silver Blues (Czech ones) Nacet (Again Czech made), Swedes, Polsilvers, Wilkinson Sword (UK ones) all gone. So now I buy a few packs and use that blade through a few different razors, if it passes that test I buy either 500 or a 1000.

Even some of the the soaps I liked have changed their formulation and/or scent so I do not take any chances these days. Buying in bulk at the right time and from the right market has allowed me to get slightly more for my money, so if I change my mind I can sell at a normal price and as long as I cover my costs and the postage I am happy. The way the interest rates have been over the last few years blades are a more stable currency :lol:

For instance when the currencies dip and you are one for one with euro and dollar I scoop some blades with a better exchange rate or get more blades for the same amount. Right now the share prices are shite butfor a while so was the pound so I sold some of US company share options and because the shares are in dollars with the one for one exchange rate I end up with the same amount (or slightly more) than I would if I waited till the market way more buoyant, in that case the pound goes up and you need more dollars to the pound.

Weird but true, I just keep a tally of what the cost of the item was at the time of purchase and this is the target to sell at, doesn't always work mind you, you win some you loose some.
I think it's probably true to say that you have a blade fetish right there audio!! :shock: The revelation that you have in the region of 7500 blades, and counting, very nearly had me falling of my 'puter seat!! Ye gods man, what you gonna do when you snuff it, have 'em buried with you :?: :?: I very much doubt if there is a forum member with more blades than you Audio, hells bells! :lol:

moodymick said:
just ordered 100 Crystals from Paul at Connaught. I don't need them, but after reading some of the comments on this thread, i came over all inadequate :shock: - insert double entendre here................................... :D

Ha,Ha, I like that moody - your crazy! :lol:

Fido said:
What's that about bells? Several months now since my last and I haven't even sorted out one to mark England's 20/20 win. I'm slipping.

Hi Fido !

..Must talk to you about bells one of these days. I have some interesting info' for you ref. FULL size bells..and a good friend of mine! Too late now , must go to bed, g'night ! :shave

Guerlain Intense Eau de Parfum S$148
Guerlain L'Instant Eau de Toilette S$117
Sephora Men Badger brush S$69
Jurlique cosmetics (one jasmine hand cream, three face moisturizers, calendula cream, various samples as well) S$239
all prices incl. GST (which I claimed later)

Seph001.jpg

So what would they be in USD or GBP?

I did try!

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.xe.com/symbols.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.xe.com/symbols.php</a><!-- m -->

Got there in the end? Singapore dollars - exchange rate to GBP 2.07

Back
Top Bottom