Acquisitions wc Mon 14th - Sun 20th incl.

Cruising the toiletry aisle of Tesco (as one does :oops: ), and they are still selling the Old Spice deo spray at £1.

I didn't 'do a Moody' and buy the whole shelf. One was enough for me. :roll:

They were selling Brut cologne complete with the metal badge on a chain. Can't remember seeing that in a long time. I'm thinking it's a Fathers' day promotion.

YAY @ the resurgence of Brut in a bottle so hard it has to wear a medallion. Up until now I've had to order it online from Carbolic Soap Co , a veritable treasure trove for ye olde codgers such as I !

JohnnyO.

JohnnyO said:
YAY @ the resurgence of Brut in a bottle so hard it has to wear a medallion. Up until now I've had to order it online from Carbolic Soap Co , a veritable treasure trove for ye olde codgers such as I !

JohnnyO.

Just checked out the website. That's the soap we used to have in school. I remember the distinctive smell. << shivers >>

According to my last email, there's a 125ml bottle of Castle Forbes Pre-Shave wingng its way to me.

Ian

Smell The Glove said:
Cruising the toiletry aisle of Tesco (as one does :oops: ), and they are still selling the Old Spice deo spray at £1.

I bought them all:
a. because i wanted them.
b. because i could.
c. to prove to Tesco that there is indeed a demand for the product and that selling them at that price is a good thing!

See, you only bought it for a £1 because of me :eek: ;) :lol:

moodymick said:
Smell The Glove said:

I bought them all:
a. because i wanted them.
b. because i could.
c. to prove to Tesco that there is indeed a demand for the product and that selling them at that price is a good thing!

See, you only bought it for a £1 because of me :eek: ;) :lol:

Thanks. And I only popped in for a pint of milk. :lol:

A tub of Jerymn St Collection Tobs shave cream and a sample tub of DR Harris Arlington shave cream, if I get on with the second one will deffinately be getting a big tub as the smell is awsome. :D ....but so is the Tobs..... :D :D :D

From the sale section here:-
A Truefitt and Hill super badger brush (from valuer, was Fido's originally. Looks new despite being 3rd hand).
A butterscotch silvertip brush (from beejay, should arrive tomorrow. Is new!).
Some Caron EDT (from Vinny).
(Merkur Travel razor last week from another thoroughly nice chap Andy.)

ebay/local antique shops: -
A NOS '70s individual soup bowl with handle to use as a lathering bowl.
An Art Deco glass jar to use as a soap/cream container.
A '40s/'50s soap dish to use as another soap container.
100 Yellow 7 o'clocks.
120 Thai Super Thins.

Coles: -
Own brand soap puck
Ingrams cream

Body Shop Macca shave cream

Just starting out after buying my first DE (EJ 87) a couple of weeks ago so I needed a few supplies! I'm determined to keep a lid on things though. I've seen how out of control things can get on the 'My Shaving Den' thread on B&B! Two or three brushes, one or two razors, half a dozen soaps/creams at any one time and a selection of blades will do me. If I tell myself that enough times will it?

Yesterday morning I ordered a Belgian coticule and a vintage, shave-ready Globusmann 6/8.
They arrived this morning as well as a NOS Genco 5/8 I got from the bay of USA.

I needed something shave-ready, as I wasn't getting consistent results with my gift razor, a 11/16 vintage Carrara, and had nothing else to compare with.
Well, after setting the bevel on the othertwo, then finishing on the Thuringian I think I have a good idea of what an edge is! :D

A three-pass shave using all three (just to compare :shave ), whilst not perfect, wasn't bad at all. I just can't work out the angles I need for a couple of parts of my lower neck.

Oh, last week I picked up a tube of Palmolive cream and a Wilkinson Sword brush 'cos they're cheap as chips and I thought I'd get all the regular stuff so I'd hopefully feel the difference when I get something more expensive. :D
[attachment=0]

Attachments

• DSCF0283 (800x600).jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 35
just got an hour ago of me darlin little girl(25) a simpson wee scot for me birthday....aww i do luv her so, when she spoils her dad

man i knew they are small...but its titchy

Very prompt delivery of my sample pack from Connaught :cool:

Just waiting on a razor to use them in now :roll:

Blades001-1.jpg

Whilst not in hands my yet but ordered:

Merkur 38c Barber Pole Razor

3 cakes of Monsavon Shave Soap en route (how French!) with the in laws from hols in Normandy

Feather Portable razor, hopefully soon from Pauldog

:p

In the post at *cough*the office*cough* today:

• My 12oz bottle of Thayers' Peach Witch Hazel.
    • ... for some reason, the two bottles ordered between the Peach & the Lemon, have yet to arrive at either drop point.
      • e9319980960e969de839ecb231c4f0c8.gif
        [/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Back
Top Bottom