Acquisitions w/c Mon 18th - Sun 24th Oct incl.

Merry Tuesday

Gillette Aristocrat No. 16 that I spotted Rev O. trying to sneak out of the room - now this is a FATBOY ;) and a Beaufort Pure Badger from DiamondEdge :)

Oh yeah, the razor was wrapped in the silk paisley scarf pictured ;)

dsc01491mb.jpg

Happy Tuesday, folks!

One Feather Portable, courtesy of the man with the world's largest shaving stash…

That's two razors in my collection – this is either a good thing or a very very bad thing.

Can't wait to play with it tonight. :D

Lipsy

"One Feather Portable, courtesy of the man with the world's largest shaving stash…"

Would be interested to hear how you get on with it as I bought one on ebay from dj_pauldog last week. May be here by the end of the week with any luck.

100 Gillette Platinum blades
Denim Black aftershave

if any one else wants a Feather Portable drop me a line i've got one BNIB spare

IanM said:
At last, I got myself a MWF ceramic bowl, courtesy of Ids.

Ian

I want. :D

Okay, the Feather Portable.

One word: Brilliant. It's lighter than the EJ89L that I have been using, but it's got – at least to my novice mind – great balance. I nicked my neck a couple of times, but that was down to me just enjoying whipping the thing around my face. Definitely a case of poor workman, tbh.

I coupled it with an Astra SP, my favourite blade thus far (though I am liking Iridiums also). The result: a super-close shave, better than I've managed from the EJ. Mebbe I have a post-purchase high, but I'm sort of glad that I got the EJ first; if I'd started with the FP, I think that I would have happily stayed with that.

Really good little razor – I doubt that I will keep it for travel purposes only, but I sort think that if I could be strong will enough to do that, it would make any trips away that little bit more enjoyable/special.

Peter – you made yourself a good little purchase. I have no doubt you'll enjoy the FP.

Oh, and thanks Sunburyboy!

Mebbe I need to buy another razor… :D

Lipsy

Despite the strikes, I'm stilll recieving mail.. :? Today 2 items, one Erasmic shave stick, and a packet from Turkey with a 100 shark blades.

Thanks to James_UK for the Erasmic pif ;) and some Turkish dude for selling me the Sharks.

WnmOG.jpg

Max

A puck of GFT Coconut SS, cheers steve :D .

Acquiring this GFT soap now only leaves one more soap to try off of my original list i drew up on starting down this slippery slope.

A tub of MB's Rose SS, cheers Mark :D .

Taken a chance on this one, just to see if the hype surrounding these soaps is justified. Scent wise is a little like a Rose air freshener :shock:

Two sticks of Arko as a very generous PIF from Pete. Cheers.

The full set of 2 oz. Ogallala aftershaves from RedNeckRash (Bay Rum, BR Sandalwood, BR Sage & Cedar, BR Limes & Peppercorns). Already have the Limes & Peppercorns and love it, so I thought I'd try the rest out. Impressed with the scents of all of them. Although still most taken with the L&P.

Back
Top Bottom