Acquisitions Mon 9 August to Sun 15 Aug inc.

Today I received the following from postie

Dalain d'men Energetic Shaving Cream

Merkur 38C & de Vergulde Hand Shaving Soap - both from over5feet

T

Today i received

Frank Shaving Butterscotch Brush, i know there are mixed opinions on here but to be fair, it is bloody nice for the price, will be giving it a good thrashing later this evening !

TOBS Sandalwood Soap (thanks Naked Ape ;) )

Sheaffer Imperial and a Parker 17 Fountain Pen

A new shiny Merkur HD, I quite like the style, weight and balance of it but the finish on my DE89L is far far better.
I'll see how it shaves next week.

I went to order a sample pack from GFT and while I was on the phone asked for the violet creme and aftershave in particular, they kindly said forget the sample pack and the violet samples are on there way free of charge, can't wait.

Some Cade soap picked up in the local store. Got a heap of cologne samples from different companies, C&S, Floris, Trumpers, Penhaligons and L'artissan.

Ids said:
A new shiny Merkur HD, I quite like the style, weight and balance of it but the finish on my DE89L is far far better.
I'll see how it shaves next week.

I went to order a sample pack from GFT and while I was on the phone asked for the violet creme and aftershave in particular, they kindly said forget the sample pack and the violet samples are on there way free of charge, can't wait.

shaved with a sample of the violet last night, i quite like it, though i cannot vouch for the AS or EDC as i have not tried it. Should be enough in the jar for 3 or 4 shaves, so plenty of time to make up your mind ;) :)

The Merkur is a decent razor, though having owned both, i preferred the 38C. That said, i sold both and apart from vintage Gillettes all i have is a Muhle R89 (which is a darn good razor!).

Truefitt and Hill West Indian Limes cologne. Ebay, 100ml £12.50 (plus £6 p&p!).

I've seen reviews which make reference to a lack of longevity, and it reminds me a bit of Acqua di Parma Colonia if used sparingly.

But to be honest, it smells so nice that I may try drinking some later.

Regards

Ian

Having already got a Neo, Henk and Beejay I thought I'd add a Rudy Vey to my collection of custom made brushes. This one has a knot made by Bernd Blos of shavemac which put the price up quite a bit (best quality silvertip) The handle is Redwood Burl and the knot is 23mm with a loft of 52mm. It will be a fine brush more suited to creams but dense enough to do a good job with hard soaps too. Pics before and after a few lathers.

DSCN0985.jpg
DSCN0988.jpg

Brut AS and Old Spice Original AS.

Classic scents for a new generation! Found myself in Boots and couldn't resist, now just for the whitewater :p

Ids said:

Classic scents for a new generation! Found myself in Boots and couldn't resist, now just for the whitewater :p

There are quite a few in the Brut range too now,lets see if i can remember them - Brut Passion,Instinct,Oceans,Alaska,Musk hmm i think there could be one or two more but i cant remember them

Ids said:

Think I'll give it a read, it was the whitewater I went to get couldn't find it though, bought the original old spice which I really like and the brut, walked into tesco and there was the whitewater! Walked away though 2 aftershaves are enough for now.

Ok, I'm starting out, so I got lots of stuff this week, the Gillette NEW as I mentioned earlier, arrived.
Also my Gillette Rocket Flare tip arrived, and I got a package from Urban Hermit who sent me lots of goodies (lovely Nanny's soap samples, blades and a brush) in exchange for some Gillette Bleue Extra Blades.
And last but not least, I bought some Nivea and Mennen aftershave creams, they're wonderful!

Here are the pics:

K1vlA.jpg

T6oSi.jpg

4HtKs.jpg

LeTES.jpg

FB.

Back
Top Bottom