Acquisitions Mon 9 August to Sun 15 Aug inc.

Home from a few days away and met with:

Coates Tea Tree Cream
Mama Bears:
Carribean
Rosemary & Mint
Dublin Tweed
Roses.

The Dublin Tweed and Roses are the 2nds as there are cracks in the outer tub - though the inner is fine so no need to transfer to another tub.

A nice haul to come home to!

I just bought this for a few quid of the bay, looks nice, I'll try my hand at restoring it... Anyone care to fill me in on this on, I went in blind :cool:
(there are 2 more auctions for next to nothing I'm currently the highest bidder)

2m63N.png

What did I buy?

Also bought William & Palmolive shaving cream and a pack of Gillette Bleu DE blades and a v. cheap brush.

FB.

Hi, thats a Gillette "Old Type", I've two of them bought in the same condition, they come up a treat with a bit of elbow grease and brasso, watch out for the handle quite a few have splits in them, once cleaned up they make a good shaver.

T

Well according to the box - and the contents appear to match - I'd say you bought a Gillette New, with some Belgian blades... The razor would probably just need replating, since you can see it's brassed to hell on the handle and the cap is a bit grotty - it won't be restorable to "like new" just with polish I don't think.

edit:

Look at this from Mr Razor's site:

1930%20Windsor.jpg

1930 Windsor - a Gillette New

That seems right, the listing had it at 1930-1940, it says it's in good shape, but hasn't been cleaned. So I'll just see how a good clean will do, and maybe plate it if really necessary.

I'll take some pics when it arrives in the mail :D

FB.

FB, there are a couple of recent threads on cleaning / maintaining a razor, do a TSR search and you'll get what you want.

I was looking at them today as I'm also after a couple of old razors on the bay. That ultrasonic cleaner seems a very nice accessory to have.

Nanny's Splodge of Eucalyptus. Thanks Sharon you are the girl!

New C&E Sandalwood Soap in the wooden bowl. (£2.99 from the Bay :cool: )

From Paul at Connaught the following. I swapped my 37c a good few months ago and I've really missed it, so a new one had to be bought; well, you know how it is...

Merkur 37c Slant
Merkur Travel Box
5 x Treet Blades

This is also a completely shameless plug for the quality of service from Paul.

Pens Endymion sc / asb / edt

from the 15% off sale that the English Shaving Co. runs at the moment

excellent service, very fast delivery, great packaging and plenty of samples (esp. on Pens scents) that I had always wanted

Acq_Aufg10001.jpg

Oh dear, another razor :roll: Aristocrat Jnr (nice 'n' weighty in the hand as a good razor should be) for the German market so a Graf Gillette as it will be referred to from now.

Plus a couple of samples (Fitjar & Irisch Moos). Hoping i don't like either as i really don't need something else on my purchase list ;) :)

Oh, nearly forgot, all came from The Rev :D - just a pity he wanted his reward now and not in the afterlife :twisted:

Couple of lots from the bay today
Bengall 7/8
Bengall 6/8 full concave
2x 6/8 G.myers and sons
4/8 marsh brothers pond works
5/8 gottlier hammesfahr
flairtip rocket
[attachment=0]
All in quite good condition not much work needed but will be a long time to get to them with all the others in line.

Attachments

• 20100811_002.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 102
Back
Top Bottom