Acquisitions Mon. 4th Oct. to Sun. 10th Oct. incl.

New thread as I did not see one for this week,

Received the full 5 pack of splashes from FB, all packaged very well and arrived without any problems. Great work Max and I really thank you for all the effort. I look forward to trying these and am well stocked up on splashes for the next while.

I love trying new things.

In today - all the way from Montpellier, France.

IMG_1202.jpg

100 Jewel blades
70 Iridium. Thanks Pedro.

A bottle of Ogallala Bay Rum AS from B&H. Great service yet again, this time with complimentary mints :hungrig

Nice indeed, but this addiction has clearly gone too far in a relatively short period. One more razor is paid already and should be on its way soon from the UK.
Then that's just about it for me for quite some time.

The moment of thinning out the list of items in my rotation (and selling or PIFing the rest away) is not that close yet but approaching.

I got it from a B&B member. 54 Euros shipped, admittedly not cheap although it's in very good condition. It was 50 Eur with normal postage, but I asked for 'international signed for'. When the box arrived the postage label on it showed 8.90 Eur (quite a bit considering it doesn't come from too far away).

The seller still has a LD over at B&B, for roughly the same price or slightly less, if i remember correctly.

Less than 24 hrs after I agreed on the deal, Erwin came with a similar HD at almost half the price shipped (unboxed). At the same time I had traded my vision 2000 with an HD and an Aristo Jr. so now I have two HDs... :oops:

It gets worse: there's one more coming through the pipeline - but this time it's a special one. French No. 55, from the usual suspect in the U.K., and you can't say no buying that off him cause (a) it's a special razor plus (b) he's a star... :cool:

In any case, point is how the HD shaves, and this I'll start to find out on Wednesday morning.

N_Architect said:
In any case, point is how the HD shaves, and this I'll start to find out on Wednesday morning.
I found mine on a fleamarket, it's got some plating loss under the head and needed a v. good clean..
Before:
5hWe8.jpg

After:
zZmqS.jpg

Might send it off to dave for replating at one point... but it's a lovely shave ;)

FB.

Going to flea markets, car boots, thrift shops and antique fairs is nice, provided you can occasionally spare the time. Wish I could do that here.
You can pick up good stuff dead cheap, give it a nice clean, job done. Try it and if you don't like it, can be PIFed or sold at a very reasonable price.

Damian, if you're really interested I can pass on to you one of them but let me first see how these shave.

N_Architect said:
I got it from a B&B member. 54 Euros shipped, admittedly not cheap although it's in very good condition. It was 50 Eur with normal postage, but I asked for 'international signed for'. When the box arrived the postage label on it showed 8.90 Eur (quite a bit considering it doesn't come from too far away).

The seller still has a LD over at B&B, for roughly the same price or slightly less, if i remember correctly.

Less than 24 hrs after I agreed on the deal, Erwin came with a similar HD at almost half the price shipped (unboxed). At the same time I had traded my vision 2000 with an HD and an Aristo Jr. so now I have two HDs... :oops:

It gets worse: there's one more coming through the pipeline - but this time it's a special one. French No. 55, from the usual suspect in the U.K., and you can't say no buying that off him cause (a) it's a special razor plus (b) he's a star... :cool:

Thanks. "K". your razor was posted yesterday along with some goodies and the other stuff you had sent to me

Should be with you soon

Strve
Cheers "K"

If there was one more razor I was going to buy then it would be a rocket HD for uts made in england and my Merkur HD would go to make room for it. In fact I'm looking although not hard for one now.

Some Chromium Oxide powder and a Razor won cheap on Ebay, was obviously part of a 7 day set once as it has Saturday on the spine and it has quite a smile. It will need a decent a bit of clean up but should be OK :)
iwm9n4.jpg

jz8chl.jpg

fvabdt.jpg

2rwwd53.jpg

Back
Top Bottom